HELP! pukeing oil from breather tube

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Cndale97x

#1 Post by Cndale97x »

I'm losing oil out of the breather tube on the valve cover by the rear cam. Any ideas? 1st Race on Sun and I'm running out of time. HELP HELP HELP!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont get it.That hose is supposed to run any oil back into the frame.Only line that could blow oil out is the one to the filter.

speed 450mx

#3 Post by speed 450mx »

C27 were is that supose to go back in the frame all four of mine run down the left side of the motor?

Cndale are you over full on oil? I saw one about two weeks ago that was over full and it was doing that. Just taking a guess.

Cndale97x

#4 Post by Cndale97x »

nope checked it after I noticwd the oil. Had to add some to bring it up. Took another lap and more oil. This vent comes out of the valve cover and down the fram by the battery.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Cndale97x @ Apr 26 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope checked it after I noticwd the oil. Had to add some to bring it up. Took another lap and more oil. This vent comes out of the valve cover and down the fram by the battery.

The vent hose you are refering to actually in the big engine side cover at the very top. It points slightly foward and up. It would be way more common to have smoke blow out this hose and not oil. Double check that the oil is not coming from the valve cover or side cover gaskets. That would make way more sense and would explain oil leaking all over.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

If oil is comimg out the tranny breather then you may have
1 overfilled your tranny .
2 a crankcase pressure leak into the tranny EX( main seal,cartridge plate loose ,oil bridge seals,cam seal)

If your talking about the hose on the right side of the valve cover then that might have come loose or has a crack in it.
Bikes have a breather right at the front top of the valve cover also . But those to are not vented to the atmosphere so as to leak.

Cndale97x

#7 Post by Cndale97x »

Wistech, YOU DA MAN!!! you win the prize. upon inspection the cartrage plate is loose! one bolt in the bottom of the motor and one halfway out. I think I stopped in time not to do any major damage. Stage 8 kit enroute from Blackwidow. Guess I shouldn't have taken the word of the guy who told me the updates were done when I bought it. Thank you everyone here at Cannondaleriders for your ideas and expertise. WISH ME LUCK FOR THE 1ST RACE OF THE SEASON!