NEED HELP PLEASE, SHE'S NOT RUNNING

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
jeff_townsend

#1 Post by jeff_townsend »

Ok quick discription of the problem...
Last november I was throwing rooster tails in the snow and she died in the middle of it and has not run since then....

so far
I have replaced the battery, it was 3 years old
I have checked all wiring and the fuse
replaced fuel pump and the gase is flowing fine
replaced plug and it is fine.

The bike will turn over run for a few seconds and die, I have pulled the flywheel and checked to ensure it is lined up and the staiter looks fine...

There is a weird squeeking sound when cranking it coming from the engine, but I kind of think this is from it setting for so long. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I am going through withdraws from not riding my dale.....
PS I do not have the software or the adapter to plug it to a laptop.

bike has had the top end rebuild 1 1/2 years ago and it has a full hmf exhaust with a cross map of a speed and blaze.

and if anyone has the software "diagnostics kit" and live close to Coudersport, pa I will bring it over, I need this thing running.

speed 450mx

#2 Post by speed 450mx »

where do you live

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

dude he said Coudersport, Pa........exactly where is Coudersport at in Pa.?

rubicon20032003

#4 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I have a dealer cali.I'm in clune,pa

jeff_townsend

#5 Post by jeff_townsend »

It is in Potter county, if you look on a PA map and find the alegany forest coudersport is right in the middle. I am 2 hours south of buffalo and 4 hours north of Pittsburge, the last dealer that I could find close 3 hours was ATVaddiction right below harrisburge.

Is it possible that it is internal engine damage or a problem with the ecm?

I really would like to get this thing running because in my opinion there is nothing out there that can touch a cannondale on performance. Even the 450 R can not hang unless it has some serious mods done to it.

Where is clune, pa, I could not find it on Map Point or map quest?

fig

#6 Post by fig »

QUOTE (onequad @ Jun 2 2006, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is clune, pa, I could not find it on Map Point or map quest?

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Clune,+PA

jeff_townsend

#7 Post by jeff_townsend »

I have not tried champion motersports, but will give him a try thank you for the insight.

I did tear into the electrical system yesterday and checked all continuity and current to all components, but nothing was out of the ordinary. I did however replace some vacuum lines, but with no luck.

It is attempting to start and will fire and attempt to run as long as the start button is held in, but each time it fires there is a loud metal on metal chirp coming from the engine. I am afraid that I may have some sort of internal engine damage.

I will be pulling the motor out and tearing it down and checking parts out. Does anyone know what to look at first as to what could be causing the loud chirp sound when it attempts to fire.

If I have to have this thing rebuilt again this time I plan on doing the work myself. I am a computer nerd by traid and a back yard mechanic, so bring it on . What is out there now as far as kits to rebuild it and what is the best rebuild parts.

I am looking for a 450 kit and what ever else may be needed to rebuild it and pull a little more horses out of the motor. Right now I have a full HMF exhaust with a modified airbox and UNI filter, but that is it