Will They ever be Collectors items?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Nickc711

#1 Post by Nickc711 »

You think cannondales will ever be worth money say 30 years down the road.. i dont mean just for riding but for collector value. Quad really dont raise in like that way usually.

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

I think so , kinda like some classic bikes, you got to keep in mind we never had a quad generation before, we do now. Also I don't believe the cannondale will die, someone will buy the design from ATK and continue with new plastic and all the improvements into production because it will be so easy.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Ehhh....ATK doesn't own the design. Dinli does. And from the rumor mill comes that Dinli has trashed it. They gave up. But, most of the design patents are all expiring from what I have been told. So, anyone that wants to copy they can. I don't know if they would though. I love the aluminum frame, but if you could make the crank case bigger and just don't have the oil going anywhere and get away with it then I would think that would be better.

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

Well when I think about it I see the new suzuki and the Kawie thats coming I am sure honda and yamaha will be soon to follow , they will have the same features as a cannondale soon. I hope Harley gets into the ATV market when they see the writing on the wall ( big market , lots of sales growth potential ) and one way or the other I see this thing exploding and its the same thing as owning a 1971 camaro for a long time they were worthless, now you can't touch one for less than a ton of money. Face it the cannondales are amazing and the more I learn about them the better I can demonstrate their superiority to say everything but possibly a ltz450. And I have access to one whenever I want and like my c-dale better. And don't forget Pearl Harbor ( kami bastardsr )

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

The old saying, "Its only worth what someones willing to pay for it."

If you look at the markets, there is starting to become a market for the collectors. Look at the 250r, the Tecate and the LT 250r. The prices of those machines in original condition, are really starting to come up. Cannondale will be in that market soon enough.
As for anyone taking over the patents and rights to the design, it wont happen. Thats not to say someone wont make an aluminum frame in the next 3 yrs, I'm betting they will. But it wont be a strict Cannondale design.

311racer

#6 Post by 311racer »

Cannondales will not be collectors items if everyone keeps parting them out. The said thing is I have over 15k wrapped up in my cannondale I can't even get 5k back for it. Ill have to part it out to get anything it close to that.

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

ummm...yamaha already did come out with theirs....700 raptor fuel injection aluminum frame....

RoooStEr Pops

#8 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

QUOTE (311racer @ Jun 4 2006, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cannondales will not be collectors items if everyone keeps parting them out. The said thing is I have over 15k wrapped up in my cannondale I can't even get 5k back for it. Ill have to part it out to get anything it close to that.

well let them keep parting them out that just means I can keep mine running. And in the long run it will be worth more. I only have about 3k in mine and it runs like a scalded cat. And I am old and fat too.

azcannon

#9 Post by azcannon »

QUOTE (RoooStEr Pops @ Jun 4 2006, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well let them keep parting them out that just means I can keep mine running. And in the long run it will be worth more. I only have about 3k in mine and it runs like a scalded cat. And I am old and fat too.

I agree with parts of that statement .I use to worry about the people parting out , now I don't care I say part as many as you want they will just be more and more rare as the years go by.
Think about 10 years from now.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Yep keep parting them out and we will keep putting them back together for a fraction of the cost. I payed full price for my speed new and built 2 more going on three for less than half the price of the speed.
Id say they are already a collectors item . I cant help but keep collecting them. You have to grab an opportunity when you can.