Need info on pipes

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
383astro

#1 Post by 383astro »

Was wanting to know what the best pipe is for a dale? I was looking into getting a BW pipe. I have an HMF. Is there any HP gain from the BW over the HMF? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay.Have not done a dyno comparison of the two pipes you mention.So powerwise I dont know but would think Black Widow.I have a BlackWidow pipe for sale and cant seem to get $375 for it.It only has 2 rides on it.Why am I selling it?I hate the headpipe.Mine leaks bad at the head to pipe causes massive popping on decel.Will make the bungs bigger to fix that.I also cannot run my fender braces.Either style.If running with the foot baskets its not a problem.I also dont like how close to oil hose it is.There is smaller diameter places in BW pipe at left bend at head and before it goes into the bigger single pipe.Durability of silencer mount also may be a issue since bolt and threads in pipe wont be perfectly straight with subframe mount stress will always be on that mount if you tighten that bolt.This is easily solved by using some thick rubber washer on bolt.Finally on dyno it beat stock moto headpipe by a couple tenths of a horse but lost big time on bottom and mid.Others love thier BW pipes and you will pass sound tests so maybe my headpipe is just defective.

383astro

#3 Post by 383astro »

can you use the stock header or would that defeat the purpose of the pipe?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Wont fit.

2002canibal

#5 Post by 2002canibal »

I think the best pipe for cannondales are HMF and Big Gun. I have a hmf on mine

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

I am in the market for another pipe. My big gun sucks you could not give me another one. I know other people like the HMF a lot. These NMotion pipes seems they may be good also.

yamadjs08

#7 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Nov 28 2006, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the market for another pipe. My big gun sucks you could not give me another one. I know other people like the HMF a lot. These NMotion pipes seems they may be good also.

What dont you like about the Big Gun? My dad has one and I want to trade him for my HMF so bad but he wont haha. Im not sure on its durability yet because he hasnt had it long. But it sounds great, and makes great power. It was a pain to mount and we had to change the way the fender braces were mounted but all in all it seems like a sweet pipe. His is the full system by the way...

Im waiting to see how the NMotions are, they look sweet thats for sure and it sucks that you have to have a remote rezzie for the duals...

ozarkdaler

#8 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What dont you like about the Big Gun? My dad has one and I want to trade him for my HMF so bad but he wont haha. Im not sure on its durability yet because he hasnt had it long. But it sounds great, and makes great power. It was a pain to mount and we had to change the way the fender braces were mounted but all in all it seems like a sweet pipe. His is the full system by the way...

Im waiting to see how the NMotions are, they look sweet thats for sure and it sucks that you have to have a remote rezzie for the duals...

I will tell you why. The **** thing won't stay together. I was riding last wknd and the quad got really loud. I stopped and turned around and the hole pipe was gone. I will say this after it was off the quad ran like a bat out of ****. I had to drive back on the trail about 200 yards to find the baffle and the can in 2 different places mind you. I will rivet it back together and sell it to you if you want. There is no dents in it at all it just loses rivets. The pipe does sound awesome though.I am waiting to order a NMotion single pipe when they got pricing straightened out.

Mjollnir

#9 Post by Mjollnir »

Aren't FMF Ti generally considered the best power-maker? That and the new duals...

Marc

ozarkdaler

#10 Post by ozarkdaler »

That is what I heard but think you need a 03 header or by the full system for the FMF but not sure. Was there any pricing on the NMotions yet?