Moto dieing occasionally

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
thunderwolf

#1 Post by thunderwolf »

While riding it will die sometimes. The motor has been out and the crank has been replaced along with the piston and cylinder. It died a couple of times before the motor rebuild and it is dieing again after the rebuild. It will start back up right after and sometimes die again, but not always.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

..fuel fittings plugging up(suction side), gooped up tank strainer, dirty fuel filter, or a bad stop switch.... most likely causes, and easy to diagnose and fix. give a call. smile.gif

azcannon

#3 Post by azcannon »

are you the guy in phoenix ? Pm me if you are I am having a regular garage day this saturday and 3 or 4 guys could help you look for the problem - one other quad is having the same problem

CannondaleRider

#4 Post by CannondaleRider »

I'm guessing it was already checked, BUT we had the same "occasional" dying problem at Round 1 this year, many close calls from that, turned out to be a loose positive battery connection.

thunderwolf

#5 Post by thunderwolf »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Aug 9 2006, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..fuel fittings plugging up(suction side), gooped up tank strainer, dirty fuel filter, or a bad stop switch.... most likely causes, and easy to diagnose and fix. give a call. :)

Thanks for the ideas.

QUOTE (azcannon @ Aug 9 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you the guy in phoenix ? Pm me if you are I am having a regular garage day this saturday and 3 or 4 guys could help you look for the problem - one other quad is having the same problem

Nope, not me. Thanks for the offer though. I live in Parker, to far away.

Also it was recently raced for 60 miles over a very whooped out course and it
only sputtered once but it didn't die. Then a week later on a short 20 mile ride it didn't die until the last mile.

azcannon

#6 Post by azcannon »

same quad < thats funny > I will be curious what you guys find

mike justice

#7 Post by mike justice »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Aug 12 2006, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had same problem,found that the ground wire for the ecu was loose,its behind left headlight bracket,you cant see it very well, but its there.The bolt was locktighted,but the wire connector on the bolt was loose.You may have already checked this,but just thought i would throw that out there .

QUOTE (azcannon @ Aug 12 2006, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had same problem,found that the ground wire for the ecu was loose,its behind left headlight bracket,you cant see it very well, but its there.The bolt was locktighted,but the wire connector on the bolt was loose.You may have already checked this,but just thought i would throw that out there .