buy a reliable race motor

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
javier

#1 Post by javier »

hi ,can somebody say where can i buy a race motor? i see one on www.championmotorsports.net .is a good deal ?..................or who can do this work on my motor.......... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

RonDK

#2 Post by RonDK »

QUOTE (javier @ Dec 2 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi ,can somebody say where can i buy a race motor? i see one on www.championmotorsports.net .is a good deal ?..................or who can do this work on my motor.......... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Champion will do the motor work on a motor you already have too...they did a 450 kit and the updates in mine. Also check the site sponsors to see what they can do for you.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

a number of people do really good work. All depends on your budget and the amount of time you want to wait for it. What happened to your current motor?

wanablaze

#4 Post by wanablaze »

Give Timbo a call. You can see some of his dyno charts here:
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=63

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Champion has a very good reputation. You could buy that motor and part yours out to help off set the cost..

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Based on what and whom?Go with Timbomoose.

dalewannbe

#7 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 3 2006, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Based on what and whom?Go with Timbomoose.

Timbo built the 12 hour motor that had no issues. That says something there. Is Timbo going to tear down that motor and inspect it?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

What kind of HP are you looking for? If its over 50 then your kind of stuck with Timbomoose. I dont recall ever seeing any other engine builder (excluding me) that has ever dynoed anywhere close to Tims designs.
By the way Im busy untill the winter race season is over and am taking no more projects until further notice.
When Blackwidow gets thier dyno up and running they will start doing some HP work. They can build reliable engines to.