Rekluse auto clutch

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
383astro

#1 Post by 383astro »

I seen a rekluse auto clutch on ebay. Has anyone used one of these? I was wondering because I was wanting to build a dale for the wife and wanted to know if these are full auto. Just have to let off gas and shift, dont have to pull clutch in to stop or take off. Any place I can get one instead of paying 529.00 from rekluse? Thanks

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

HAPPYBOY uses them if I remember right he is a dealer for them as well. I am sure he will chime in.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

I remember somebody on here having one awhile back. I actually planned on buying the Rekluse on ebay that you saw I'd bet but my internet wouldn't turn-on the day it ended so never got to bid. Mad too b/c I was willing to pay well above what it sold for.

Basically it allows you to shift w/out using the clutch, you can let it sit in gear and it won't die, but you still have a functional clutch if you want at your fingertips. Would be very nice for woods riding or enduros or something. I'd still like to have one myself but too costly for such a small thing.

383astro

#4 Post by 383astro »

Sounds great, wife has a polaris 400 2 stroke. Wanting to sell it and tune a dale down for her with a rekluse auto. Maybe somebody can get me one cheaper or sell me a used one. I actually tried to bid on the one on ebay, but for some reason my sniper program malfunctioned. I bid 400.00 but it only bid 4.00 for some reason. LOL. It actually wasnt my fault this time.

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

That's mean man, lol. I love sniping but will never do it against a fellow member if I notice a username on Ebay that's same/similar to on here. I will bid my max price ahead of time in those cases unless I get outbid and still want it at the final second of course, lol.

I searched for a Rekluse for awhile not too long ago and nobody ever had one. If somebody does then go for it, if there's more then one then I've got dibs on the second one that pops up!

383astro

#6 Post by 383astro »

I have never thought of bidding against a fellow daler. I would check the bidders list but they have been hiding ids lately.

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

I've got one new in the box, never got around to installing it. I may decide to sell it before long, I'll post it here first if I do.

383astro

#8 Post by 383astro »

Ill be watching for it.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Jay!! Get that thing installed already!! Yeah, they are great to have. I woods race and it makes life much easier when in trouble. Imagine getting hung up on a tree in the mudd on a hill climb and not having to feather the clutch. As for its compatibility or having a clutch at your fingure tips it all depends on your setup.

The stock rekluse has too week of springs and it will engage at idle. Our idle it higher than other quads and results in this. We have added a YFZ center spring along with the normal outer spring and have a nice 2200-2500 engagement speed. I haven't measured to be 100% sure.

The other problem has to do with your stock clutch. Cable clutches were never designed to fit. So, if you have a cable clutch just toss the clutch perch as you won't get it to work. I know how to make it work but it involves a new custom clutch cable and a custom hieght throwout.

Some of the other problems are the different size tranny holes so you may have to sand down the throwout.

If you have a hyd clutch you are almost set. You still may have to sand down the throwout. I would also check to be sure that the throwout is not restricting engagement. I had to use my custom hieght throwout with my setup.

As for getting one...yeah, i can get you a new one...but they ain't cheap. $400? nah, don't think they were that high but i would have to check.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

double post