Battery Vs. XC

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
ATKER

#1 Post by ATKER »

Has anyone had any problems with the battery getting wet during a XC race and having any problems with it just curious cause im gonna gonna be racing some pretty hardcore XC tracks and there might be alot of water ohmy.gif so has anyone had any problems and if so is there a solution?

BROM

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Nope just make sure all grounds are tight and connections cleaned and diaelectric greased.Dales love water.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

The Cannondale/ATK is nearly submersible. smile.gif I have been fairly deep in the water and soupy mud myself, but I can remember a picture from the Florida GNCC a few years back. Rick Cecco had his Cdale in a hole where the handlebars and airbox were pretty much the only thing above the water.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

As long as she doesn't suck water into the intake, and you keep the motor running so it can't run back in the exhaust, Don't worry about it.

Probably is one of the advantages of the Cannondale designed intake. Other quads with the air intake on the back tend to suck water in sooner due to the back end tending to sink lower and the front end rising up.

ATKER

#5 Post by ATKER »

thanks guys jsut what i needed to know!!!

BROM

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

Brom you'll be fine. Cannondales are great in water with the high airbox location. I've been in very deep with only handlebars and airbox up out of water and it was fine. You'll have no problem on the Iowa tracks. Then again, you did miss the roughest race of the season... (Waukon, ahem I mean Rockon)

ATKER

#7 Post by ATKER »

Yea DJ I guess I did I've missed it every year.....Be ready for the afternoon im gonna decide after ig et he quad what class im gonna run maybe B maybe A just depends on how i like the suspension and my knee im fast enough to run A if i am not having any knee problems and if im not i will run A so I dont sandbag but if its hurting there is no way i can run A class lol get ready maybe we will See a Cannondale/ATK up front again!!!

yamadjs08

#8 Post by yamadjs08 »

Nice, wish I was fast enough haha. I'm thinking about moving up to B just to race with better riders, I might not be as fast, but I can handle anything and I hate riding with C riders who are still learning and are inexperienced. So many hold ups and wrecks because all these kids get in over there head... I'll finish the season out in C but next may be the lucky one. Plus I'll be on my dads Cannondale again for the next race, I need to tear into mine and see whats up, runs great but it was making a slight noise and lots of metal in the tranny filter. See you at Decatur City... I'll have all the basic stuff needed to wrench on a Cannondale/ATK haha.