Is this Happyboy???

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
ozarkdaler

#1 Post by ozarkdaler »

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

I sure hope it's him or at least somebody on here so we can get the whole story. wink.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Ouch that sucks.Cool video though.

Sand_Blaster

#4 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Poor Happy wink.gif

svahle

#5 Post by svahle »

I'll tell ya what, some odd things happen out in the sand drags. I ride with a group of guys that all have different makes of 450s. My Moto, a YFZ, a 450r, and an Lt450R. We are all comparable in ability and all were running similar paddles. I raced one on one with all three of the other quads. I handily beat the YFZ and 450R (both have aftermarket exhaust, port work, high comp pistons, stage II cams, etc, etc.) But for some reason when I lined up against the Lt450R (only mods are cherry bomb, spark arrestor and air box lid removed) he took me by about two quad lengths in about 300 feet both times. Now, soon after I noticed my clutch slipping a little, but I didn't notice it while racing. Sometimes a specific quad with specific mods and specific tires just works. Kind of like 2+2+2+2 = 9. It just doesn't add up, but it happened nonethless.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

First off I don't think Happy ever broke 60hp with his. Second, I don't think he has ever been east coast. I think if that really is a 505 it's someone who has one and never bothered to tune it and is just ASSUMING that since Tim has tuned one of his to 63hp that his must be as well. I would say this is the case as the quad in the video did not flyswat the rider as a true high hp dale should.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Lol Flyswat! I like that. Is true sometimes the quad with less hp wins since traction is always a factor. Wasn't in this case though since they raced a long race.

Sand_Blaster

#8 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (svahle @ Dec 20 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll tell ya what, some odd things happen out in the sand drags. I ride with a group of guys that all have different makes of 450s. My Moto, a YFZ, a 450r, and an Lt450R. We are all comparable in ability and all were running similar paddles. I raced one on one with all three of the other quads. I handily beat the YFZ and 450R (both have aftermarket exhaust, port work, high comp pistons, stage II cams, etc, etc.) But for some reason when I lined up against the Lt450R (only mods are cherry bomb, spark arrestor and air box lid removed) he took me by about two quad lengths in about 300 feet both times. Now, soon after I noticed my clutch slipping a little, but I didn't notice it while racing. Sometimes a specific quad with specific mods and specific tires just works. Kind of like 2+2+2+2 = 9. It just doesn't add up, but it happened nonethless.

My dad raced a LTR450r with that exact mods at the dunes with his Glamis . The kid had a sandstars and dad has haulers and it was a vary close race, I think the kid beat him by an inch everytime.

It was fun seeing that race though, the kid didn't even knew what the heck dad was riding lol. It sure shocked the **** out of him though lolololol.... good times tongue.gif

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

"I don't think he has ever been east coast."

Isn't Little Sahara in OK? That wouldn't be too far from him.

" I think if that really is a 505 it's someone who has one and never bothered to tune it and is just ASSUMING that since Tim has tuned one of his to 63hp that his must be as well. I would say this is the case as the quad in the video did not flyswat the rider as a true high hp dale should."

I was thinking the same thing but then I noticed the extended swingarm. The kid says it was dynoed that day at 63hp. Tires play a huge role.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

This goes to show you if you are lining up with someone go for blood even if they claim its just for fun. Never know when they will post something with a title like that. Probably reason some guys wont race unless $ is on the line. errr!