60 hp cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
kwik man

#1 Post by kwik man »

I would like to bulid a 495 stroker to make 60 hp. Will the cannondale motor hold up to this kind of hp
with out it failing on the first run. I race my dale in the sand.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Yes it will. Getting to ~60hp is very doable. Hitting exactly 60 is a little harder. Big things are in the works right now with cams and flywheels but won't be market ready for ~6 months. I myself have a 59.5 hp dale that does very well in the sand. With Nitrous it bumped it up to 72.5 hp.

jake

#3 Post by jake »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jan 2 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it will. Getting to ~60hp is very doable. Hitting exactly 60 is a little harder. Big things are in the works right now with cams and flywheels but won't be market ready for ~6 months. I myself have a 59.5 hp dale that does very well in the sand. With Nitrous it bumped it up to 72.5 hp.

with these cams, is it still reliable? with good maitainence, do they hold up? i have my engine out and torn apart and i'd love to get a little more power. i already have a 450 piston and a falicon stroker crank for a total 468cc. what would be your suggestion to get my engine into that power range?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Matczak Machines(timbomoose)Porting.Even with that though 60hp is not easy.Dual exhaust helps alot it seems along with the Cyclone filter setup.All that is wasted unless you get a good tune at a dyno with AFR.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Speed costs, how much are you willing to spend? LOL. The easiest path to 60hp (without N20), is thru more cc's. However, this is only a start. Starting with a 495 cc or 505 cc motor, you will need some very good porting (see above), open air intake, bigger injectors (thanks HD), a good exhaust and some very good fine tuning. The porting & airflow are the biggest keys on the big motors. Tim has been making some good strides playing with cams as well. I think this is going to be a bust out year for HP. I know of several people looking to make big HP. C27 is trying to do it with just 450cc!

STAY TUNED! tongue.gif

Speed 1B

#6 Post by Speed 1B »

Tim and Marc have my little 480 making over 60 horsepower. We are now shooting for 65+ on motor and around 90 on the bottle.

wanablaze

#7 Post by wanablaze »

59rwhp here and been riding it that way for over a year.

jake

#8 Post by jake »

any long-term experience with modded cams? i've heard of a lot of other 450-ish quads being very responsive to differant cams but not holding up..... i'd be willing to spend a fair amout. i've seen the big bore and porting prices, but i guess i have no clue about injectors ..... also, once i have my engine done, can just about any dyno help me tune it for max hp, or just someone who knows about cannondales?

thanks for all the help.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Cams are being developed as we speak. In testing phase. Wistech also had some Reground stockers made that seem to be passing the grade. I would wait on the cams for a bit yet. For the dyno tuning do you have a D&M? If not you will need one. The rest can be handled by any dyno operators who have tuned fuel injection before. The software is what they will have to learn.

jake

#10 Post by jake »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 8 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cams are being developed as we speak. In testing phase. Wistech also had some Reground stockers made that seem to be passing the grade. I would wait on the cams for a bit yet. For the dyno tuning do you have a D&M? If not you will need one. The rest can be handled by any dyno operators who have tuned fuel injection before. The software is what they will have to learn.

i may sound stupid for the question, but what's a D&M?........ as far as mapping goes i have a full GP control system with the software to program it, but i'm skeptical of tunning it myself because of my lack of knowledge.