Project glamis nearing completion

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

So I have been working hard and I'm finally pretty close to wrapping up the glamis project. I'm picking up the glamis graphics this weekend and I'm waiting on my intake and tank mod. To my suprise, my local motor builder who I have used a lot is very familiar with cannondales. He used to be one of the mechanics for Kory Ellis when he rode a cannondale for Alba. So the motor has been inspected by him. To my suprise it has the z400 update and what looks to be a brand new piston, which would explain the few shavings in the oil that weren't magnetic. That saved me a lot of money. The head also has a nice clean up port job done to it. He has a d&m kit that he is gonna give me, but I'll be able to tune with his assistance. Good deal to me!!!

So as soon as I get the last few parts here, I'll be ready for a ride. I'm hoping for a labor day weekend night ride in glamis. So here are some pics, including my custom a arms which I think have turned out great! HOpefully I'll have some pics of it in the sand soon.

[attachment=6908:glamis.jpg][attachment=6909:glamis2.jpg][attachment=6910:glamis
3.jpg][attachment=6911:glamis4.jpg]

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Wow,that looks great!Gotta love that stator cover.

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Aug 13 2008, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow,that looks great!Gotta love that stator cover.

Oh yeah. I got it for cheap, and it didn't look too hot. Some sanding and some powdercoating and it looks good as new.

moto440

#4 Post by moto440 »

man it looks great, so clean i would almost be afraid to ride it!! LOL

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

Looks good...
Once the season gets going we should get together on a trip, if all of my dale buddies from Tucson go we can have a pretty good stable!
We spend a long weekend out there at least every month, every three weeks in a good year.
Heading up to the cinders tomorrow!
Ray

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

I'm usually in buttercup or glamis every other weekend starting a couple weeks before halloween. My whole family goes. Probably 20 buggies and 40 quads in our camp. I'd love to meet up with other dale owners though. I'll definitely contact you when I'm heading out.

And don't worry. It's going to get very dirty real soon.

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

We should have 15-20 Dales at Sand Mt. Nevada (Outside Fallon, NV) on October 24-26 (weekend before Halloween)...

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

I'd love to make it up there, but unfortunately it's about a 16 hour drive for me. At $4.25 a gallon thats an expensive trip. Especially seeing as my motorhome only gets about 12mpg. I'm starting to plan a 3 week long dune trip for june of next year. A week at little sahara, utah, a week at St. Anthony's, Idaho, and a week at Oregon dunes. I'm gonna try to work it where I'm in oregon for dune fest.

I would be more than happy to host a glamis group ride if anyone is interested though.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

What kind of RV do you have? I got rid of my 1988 Winnebago Superchief (27', 454ci gasser), in favor of a 37' Jayco Eagle Bunkhouse 5th wheel, which I tow behind my Duramax. I am getting ~10mpg with that, but am soon going to biodiesel, so problem solved.... LOL

desertbound

#10 Post by desertbound »

I've got a 1997 28' fleetwood flair. Class A with a fuel injected 454. I had a 26' weekend warrior before this but my wife and I like to go to national parks a lot for vacations, and they have a 28' limit including tow vehicle. Plus I don't have my buggy anymore, just two quads, so it's easier with the motorhome and a small flatbed.