Where does it go?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
TG2891

#1 Post by TG2891 »

[attachment=7040:P3300038.JPG]Finally have the time to put my motor together and it been a while since I took it apart. So now I have this washer that I do not know where it goes. I think it goes between the hydro clutch and the tranny bearing but I just am not sure. I think this because it was in the parts tub with the water pump impeller and hydro clutch parts.
The washer is a top hat style, made of what looks like brass.
The dimentions are: (Diameter of rings first)IS 20.69mm, OS 28.35mm, top hat OS 24.82mm & thickness of OS ring .75mm, IS ring 1.71mm
I tried to take a pic but it just wont come out clear but I hope it helps.

Thanks for Looking
TOM G.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (TG2891 @ Sep 5 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=7040:P3300038.JPG]Finally have the time to put my motor together and it been a while since I took it apart. So now I have this washer that I do not know where it goes. I think it goes between the hydro clutch and the tranny bearing but I just am not sure. I think this because it was in the parts tub with the water pump impeller and hydro clutch parts.
The washer is a top hat style, made of what looks like brass.
The dimentions are: (Diameter of rings first)IS 20.69mm, OS 28.35mm, top hat OS 24.82mm & thickness of OS ring .75mm, IS ring 1.71mm
I tried to take a pic but it just wont come out clear but I hope it helps.

Thanks for Looking
TOM G.

Looks like a tranny plug. The tranny plug will have a lip for it to seat in.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Yep, it's a tranny plug drain seal washer. Did you install a new tranny drain plug? Possibly left over in the parts bin if you did....

TG2891

#4 Post by TG2891 »

Thanks Guys. Mystery solved. After I posted this I also talked to Cannonmoto and he confirmed what both of you had said.
Now here is the crazy part.
Since this was the first time I rebuilt one of these I took notes and some pics. Come to find out in my notes I have this part as a possible failure because it was found sandwiched between the clutch slave cylinder and tranny bearing. At the time I thought it had broken free of the slave and was just laying in there.
So the whole time that I was having clutch problems before the rebuild was due to it being used as a spacer holding the slave from fully disengaging the clutch because it was spaced off the case. Crazy isn't it. That also explains why they had used RTV to seal the slave in addition to the O-ring.

Thanks Again To All
TOM G.