Sell it or part it out???

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
86atc250r

#1 Post by 86atc250r »

Hello all,

Been a long time since I've been around. Some of you may remember me from the EFI work I did & my online map editor

I ended up buying a couple 450R's & sold my Cannibal years ago, just in time actually as it spontaneously self-disassembled shortly thereafter.

However, we still have a Moto. It has not been ridden in years, but was a very good bike & still runs fine. We bought it back in the heyday of "Team Cannondale" and it was actually one of their machines that started out life as a Speed and was converted by the factory team (for reasons I no longer remember) - it was never actually raced (except by us).

This bike has had most of the updates of the time done (and possible some others done by the factory team, possibly explaining why we never had problems with it), it actually survived and completed the 2002 12hrs of America race flawlessly (placing 5th in the A class and 19th overall with two of our three racers never having raced a cross country event before), it's also done some local short track stuff back around '02.

Anyhow.... It has come time to liquidate this machine and move on. It is in running condition, the engine has never been opened (unless it was done by the factory folks before we got it). It has full Moto paraphernalia and I have full Speed suspension as well.

My question is --- is there a market for this type of bike whole or are we better off parting it out? I've been out of the Cannondale world for quite a while now and have no idea what the machine or parts market is like.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (86atc250r @ May 26 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Been a long time since I've been around. Some of you may remember me from the EFI work I did & my online map editor

I ended up buying a couple 450R's & sold my Cannibal years ago, just in time actually as it spontaneously self-disassembled shortly thereafter.

However, we still have a Moto. It has not been ridden in years, but was a very good bike & still runs fine. We bought it back in the heyday of "Team Cannondale" and it was actually one of their machines that started out life as a Speed and was converted by the factory team (for reasons I no longer remember) - it was never actually raced (except by us).

This bike has had most of the updates of the time done (and possible some others done by the factory team, possibly explaining why we never had problems with it), it actually survived and completed the 2002 12hrs of America race flawlessly (placing 5th in the A class and 19th overall with two of our three racers never having raced a cross country event before), it's also done some local short track stuff back around '02.

Anyhow.... It has come time to liquidate this machine and move on. It is in running condition, the engine has never been opened (unless it was done by the factory folks before we got it). It has full Moto paraphernalia and I have full Speed suspension as well.

My question is --- is there a market for this type of bike whole or are we better off parting it out? I've been out of the Cannondale world for quite a while now and have no idea what the machine or parts market is like.

I do remember your s/n, Gabe? is that right?

86atc250r

#3 Post by 86atc250r »

Yep

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Welcome back... I was just going to ask you if there was any way to get that map editor back up and I see that it is working now, it was handy and I missed it! Any way that code could be hosted here or at cannondaler? Or sent as something that everyone could load onto their computer?
Typically you can still get more for them parted and depending on how much time you want to spend to piece them down to very small parts but when you consider the time it takes it is probably a wash and you end up with some hard to get rid of stuff. The way it sits now it is unfortuante but you would be lucky to pull 2k out of it but you mention speed suspension and that could really hurt you because those are the prized parts of the moto.

86atc250r

#5 Post by 86atc250r »

We have both - speed and moto suspension.

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (86atc250r @ May 26 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has full Moto paraphernalia and I have full Speed suspension as well.

I understand the speed suspension is in addition too.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

IMO,best to try and sell complete or be stuck with alot of do-dads.Location and pics would help.Rayspeed is right,prices are low,worse with a unknown engine.Good luck whichever way you go.