clutch cover

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

Is the clutch cover aluminum or mag?

Thanks
Shawn

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

The stock clutch cover is magnesium but the side cover could be either.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

There are a few rare aluminum factory clutch covers floating around (I've only seen two) and there are quite a few aftermarket clutch covers made by RIS that were made of billet aluminum, otherwise Wistech is correct. If you are really lucky you may find one of the very few carbon fiber factory clutch covers. The only reason the factory aluminum and CF covers are out there is due to the bankruptcy of the company....... ohmy.gif

haulinit

#4 Post by haulinit »

I was wanting to try and polish the cover instead of repainting it. This is the cover with the cannondale symbol on it? I would be sweet to get ahold of a CF one wub.gif!

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Good luck on the CF one! I think there are about 5 known to exist. I had one and sold it a while back. You may luck out and find someone with an RIS Billet aluminum one that comes already polished (with the big C). Another idea is a royal pain in the butt, and that is to powdercoat the entire cover chrome, then tape off the C and paint the cover again with another color. It's been done, but powdercoaters will hate to do it because of the time involved.

[attachment=11227:post_591...07612295.jpg]

[attachment=11228:Clutch_Cover.jpg]

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

lucky for me I have a buddy that does power coating. Thanks for the idea never thought of it.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Look at my last post....

rayspeed

#8 Post by rayspeed »

I just take a sanding disc to the C when they get to looking haggered... makes it stand out more looks good and can be gone back over in a few seconds.

haulinit

#9 Post by haulinit »

Kdeal that CF is sweet. If you come across another one think of me! What were the going price on the billet RIS one if you remember?

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

I sanded all the coating of my cover and polished it,seemed to always dull out shortly after.