Bought my first dale and the crank is bad

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondale32

#1 Post by cannondale32 »

I bought a cannibal the other night and I was cleaning it up today and pulled the oil filter off and wrapped it in a rag and cut it and sure enough A LOT of shavings so I got the motor almost out just gotta take the exhaust off and get the swingarm bolt off and its out but I'm 16 years old and dont have alot of cash so it'll take me sometime gettin it goin but I'm gonna need everybodys help laugh.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

We are here for you. Don't get discouraged and first thing invest in a camera so you can post pics here. Next best thing to live help.

sjstar

#3 Post by sjstar »

Yea everyone on here is very nice and willing to help. Yes the best thing for yourself and those trying to help you is to take alot of photos

cannondale32

#4 Post by cannondale32 »

Ya I'm sending them to kdeal and he's going to resize them for me and I got a pic if the filter cut up so you can see all the shavings

cannondale32

#5 Post by cannondale32 »

Ya I'm sending them to kdeal and he's going to resize them for me and I got a pic if the filter cut up so you can see all the shavings

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Pics

[attachment=11911:1a.jpg]
[attachment=11912:2a.jpg]

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly in need of inspection. Are the shavings steel?

cannondale32

#8 Post by cannondale32 »

Well I pulled the motor and took the sidecase cover off and it is REALLY clean, no shavings anywhere then we took the valve cover off and it has an aluminum cover and a plastic water pump impellar, but we found a little bit of shavings by the cams in the oil with a magnet, but then we took the flywheel cover off turned it a and it seemed fine. Not sure if you could tell anything that way but it wasnt acting funny. Also I'm sending pics to kdeal to post so hopefully we can get those up soon.

cannondale32

#9 Post by cannondale32 »

Also I checked a few of what I believe are the cartridge plate bolts right behind the clutch and they were tight also I can tell someone was in the motor just not sure what was done.

Cannondalegermany

#10 Post by Cannondalegermany »

So if you're building the shavings in the engine complete engine problem is it can be apart of the clamps the oil pump through the shavings and I'm only 17 years old and have 3 engines unassembled and assembled. Which may be a screw fell out in the engine before you buy it of them coming to your camp or shavings from the shaft is broken. From the engine is easy to build. The important thing is the small pins used by the oil pump correctly and all parts of Loctite. The upper dead point is to find light so 3 hours of work. And everyone here in Germany do not buy the Cannondale is 1500km dangers. Because then comes the time of the crankshaft