Stock top speeds

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Kuma

#11 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 14 2011, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say so but, just think about the poor 125's. They got paired up with 100% bigger 4 strokes and that was after the high reving 4 strokes were here

That's wht I'm say'n

Dachshund

#12 Post by Dachshund »

My brother in law just bought a Cdale. I rode it to see how it ran. Was trying to do hole shots with it starting in 2nd as I always do. Peg the throttle and dump the clutch and she would bog real bad. Checked the gearing and had to laugh. If I remember correctly it was 14-37 with 20" rear tires. Hmmmmm, I wonder what it will do top end, I say's to myself. GPS answered with 84 mph. I'm sure it would do more if geared better, as it was a long way from the rev limiter.

Close to stock motor. Light clean up port job and stock air box. Not sure if it has a short horn or not and don't know what map or cam timing. Can't be too far off from stock as it's been awhile since the motor was rebuilt.

No hard facts, I know but thought some might be interested in the story.

Some day I would like to take a stone stock motor and mess with only the gearing to see what I could get for top speed just for grins.

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

Motor work doesn't mean anything here, since the stock bikes will hit the rev limiter in top gear. Just outfit your bike with stock sized tires and gearing and go for it. You will just get there faster with a modded motor. But the rev line is the rev line. Same top end. Remember stock tire size is 20" and the stock Cannibal/Speed has 13/42 gearing.

flyin cobbler

#14 Post by flyin cobbler »

jacobw

#15 Post by jacobw »

mine cannibal would run in the 80's stock banging the rev limiter with stock gearing