possible "speed" purchase

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
zerohour

#1 Post by zerohour »

Hi all Chris here from Tx. Came across this bike and am wondering what all of you think and what perhaps I should be on the lookout for.

I have a 2003 cannondale speed for sale or trade its made in the USA will consider trades I need a truck
It has
four stroke motor with lots of low end power
all aluminum frame
ohlins shock
hydraulic magura clutch
ITP Holeshot tires
fuel injection
electric start
it has only had 5-6 hours of ride time ever it's still running on it's original tires. and the tires still have the nubbys on them. it recently had it's service done. It's a great fourwheeler it's faster than a piped yamaha banshee or raptor 660 this is an amazing fourwheeler. I'm selling it because I'm moving and need the money. It comes with a pair of paddle tires which are also almost new. the fourwheeler has been stored inside for most all of it's life It has never been issued a title not sure how to get one so sold with bill of sale if you would like more information give me a call or txt me at 307-751-7637 pls leave a msg if I don't answer as I can't always pick up my phone thank you.

Bike looks clean and he says he as records on it. What updates should I be looking for and is he out of line on the price? I am no stranger to wrenching but I dont want 2 hours ride 2 weeks wrench if I can help it. I am a total newb when it comes to Cannons and would greatly appreciate your input.

Heres the sale link.
Ad for bike

I built this bike for my wife last week. It was a ratted out 04 400ex. 51 hours total top to bottom; mind not the puddle in the pic lol it was a stuck float issue lol. This really is a transition for her. We are military and moved to Tx. She really misses riding sleds; so here we are. anyway thanks for any input!

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

$1500 max on it, it will need the z400 crank bearing update and the valve cover checked for corrosion.

pcleiter

#3 Post by pcleiter »

Ditto on the $1500.

There's a plethora of things that you'd want/need to check. I don't know if there's a consolidated list on the site of all the things that need to be checked, but here's the short list off the top of my head...
Main bearing (update with a Z400 bearing)
Valve cover (make sure it is aluminum as opposed to magnesium)
Front engine mount (shimming may be needed)
Cartridge plate bolts (can work loose inside the engine)
Water pump (might want to replace with aluminum if it has plastic)
Fuel lines (prone to corrosion)
Fuel line disconnects (they inhibit fuel flow - drill them out)
Decompression valve (prone to sticking, needs to be machined properly)

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (zerohour @ Dec 26 2011, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all Chris here from Tx. Came across this bike and am wondering what all of you think and what perhaps I should be on the lookout for.

I have a 2003 cannondale speed for sale or trade its made in the USA will consider trades I need a truck
It has
four stroke motor with lots of low end power
all aluminum frame
ohlins shock
hydraulic magura clutch
ITP Holeshot tires
fuel injection
electric start
it has only had 5-6 hours of ride time ever it's still running on it's original tires. and the tires still have the nubbys on them. it recently had it's service done. It's a great fourwheeler it's faster than a piped yamaha banshee or raptor 660 this is an amazing fourwheeler. I'm selling it because I'm moving and need the money. It comes with a pair of paddle tires which are also almost new. the fourwheeler has been stored inside for most all of it's life It has never been issued a title not sure how to get one so sold with bill of sale if you would like more information give me a call or txt me at 307-751-7637 pls leave a msg if I don't answer as I can't always pick up my phone thank you.

Bike looks clean and he says he as records on it. What updates should I be looking for and is he out of line on the price? I am no stranger to wrenching but I dont want 2 hours ride 2 weeks wrench if I can help it. I am a total newb when it comes to Cannons and would greatly appreciate your input.

Heres the sale link.
Ad for bike

I built this bike for my wife last week. It was a ratted out 04 400ex. 51 hours total top to bottom; mind not the puddle in the pic lol it was a stuck float issue lol. This really is a transition for her. We are military and moved to Tx. She really misses riding sleds; so here we are. anyway thanks for any input!

To bad you werent in Ca, I have one I'm selling and its a better deal.

zerohour

#5 Post by zerohour »

Kinda the things I thought as well. Unfortunate as its a cool as **** ride. Thanks for the input we will see if I can get it right, if so then ill take a stab; if not ill keep shopping.

sjstar

#6 Post by sjstar »

class900 what are you selling?

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (sjstar @ Dec 28 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
class900 what are you selling?

see if this works http://hanford.craigslist.org/mcy/2746505504.html

sjstar

#8 Post by sjstar »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 29 2011, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

might have some better look if you post pictures.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (sjstar @ Dec 29 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
might have some better look if you post pictures.

Yeah I keep trying to post pics, but it wont let me. pm me your email and ill send some over.