parking brake

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Why couldnt you just build a bracket with a pin that indexes with the brake rotor or sprocket hub. You could even use a soleniod with electric switch to release. Like a parking pawl on a car. But really what is wrong with putting it in gear . In first gear the machine isnt going anywhere. Pesky laws.
A ds650 uses the same brake pads maybe the same calipers. It might be worth a shot to check into those.

marshall100

#12 Post by marshall100 »

Many road legal bombardier 650's over here, I'd pursue that if it was me.

cuz62

#13 Post by cuz62 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Jan 4 2012, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many road legal bombardier 650's over here, I'd pursue that if it was me.

just in case anyone else need to fit a parking brake the SUZUKI LTZ 400 (2006) Caliper fits,just need to grind a bit out of the original caliper bracket and drill and tap one new hole in the suzuki caliper,the cannondale caliper can still be refitted after if need be

cuz62

#14 Post by cuz62 »

QUOTE (cuz62 @ Feb 5 2012, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just in case anyone else need to fit a parking brake the SUZUKI LTZ 400 (2006) Caliper fits,just need to grind a bit out of the original caliper bracket and drill and tap one new hole in the suzuki caliper,the cannondale caliper can still be refitted after if need be

good news it passed the mot first time no advisories did not even question the parking brake set up,another road legal cannondale now on the uk roads

marshall100

#15 Post by marshall100 »

That's great news! I was thinking of fitting the suzuki part to my gasgas. In the end the test centre took pity on me and passed it, but I've managed to track down a complete rear caliper from a guy in Ireland so when it's next due, I'll do it properly.

A really stupid law tbh. Still, at least we get to hoon about on the roads laugh.gif