How much is my dale worth

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
arcsum68

#1 Post by arcsum68 »

Ugh, hate to do it, but I need to lose the quad.

Over the past 2 years all my friends have either sold out, or moved out of state leaving me with no toy hauler friends to bum off of. We never go out anymore because we do not own a toy hauler and it's just too expensive to rent a motorhome. 3 or 4 times a year was enough to justify keeping it, but for the last 2 it's been down to just 1 trip that costs me an arm and a leg.

Whats a reasonable price for this thing, it has an embarrassingly low amount of hours since it was rebuilt with all updates and a z400 crank done by cdsracer a few years back. Full paddles, ac pro peg nerfs, deca battery installed last year, works triple rate shocks that were gone through by the Shock Doc 2 years ago, HMF QRS full system that was refreshed by HMF a few rides ago, new flywheel with 1 trip on it. I will probably keep the Fasst Flexx bars.

Everything works, runs great, has no issues that I can think of.

What can I get for it, realistically.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

$2,000-$2,500.maybe,seems like all toys are selling cheap nowadays.

sjstar

#3 Post by sjstar »

Yep i think speedracer is on the money there. Where abouts in norcal do you live?

cdsracer

#4 Post by cdsracer »

Hey Marcus,

Sorry to hear you are selling. We are headed to Sand Mountain Thursday to Monday this week (February 2-6) just in case you're interested in one last dune trip on the dale!

-Chris

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

LOL. Come on, 1 last trip, what could go wrong? Famous last words.

I remember the last time I did just that. Eh, I bet i can get 1 more ride out of the motor. Its just smoking pretty bad. Then i lost compression. Didn't know it until I tore it apart but the piston was gouged all to hell. Amazing no one behind me got hit with scrap metal out of the exhaust! Then as i kept going the rod had gotton so hot it stretched and deformed. Then I got to the pin and its was the wrong color! lol I loved that warrior. It was an awesome tank.

arcsum68

#6 Post by arcsum68 »

Hey Chris, yeah, its a bummer. I am sad about it too, things have not panned out like I had hoped.

I thought we would have been able to buy our own toy hauler by now, and certainly did not think everyone would move or sell everything. We were OK renting motor homes, but without at least one person to share the cost it's just too much.

Somewhere down the road I will probably end up getting a bike, they are a little bit more portable.

We are heading up to Tacoma this weekend to visit our friends that we rode the most with, so I will have to pass. I appreciate the invite though. Were you gonna let me sleep in your motor home? smile.gif

I am in Sacramento, CA.

cdsracer

#7 Post by cdsracer »

I would definitely let you sleep in my motorhome...but I'm not bringing it this time. It dropped an exhaust valve on cylinder 2 last month on the way to Dumont. $2300 tow bill !!! Haven't had time to drop the motor yet. We are going to stay in my bro-in-law's rig for this trip.

Have fun in Tacoma, hope to ride with you again sometime.

Happyboy, I hear you....a couple years ago we took a trip to St. Anthony. Broke my dale, my wife's, my brothers, my friend's dale, the RZR S and even the generator on the RV. Long ride home.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

omg I would cry after a trip like that!

arcsum68

#9 Post by arcsum68 »

Just realized I posted in the "mechanical" subforum...derp a derp

Ooops tongue.gif

And that is one **** of a sucky trip, I was pretty bummed when my flywheel went out within 10 minutes @ Sand Mountain. Had to ride a bone stock z400 all weekend. While its a fine quad for the woods, the sand just takes everything out of it.

3YLSYKR

#10 Post by 3YLSYKR »

I might be interested in the nerf bars and wheels if parted out.