Need help with 2006 ATK quad.

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
ADMINISTRATOR

#31 Post by ADMINISTRATOR »

A bit of free advice, if you are not familiar with the Rekluse clutch you need to swap it out for the stocker while you are working to get this thing running. Once you have it running right then go back to the rekluse and get it set up correctly. You don't want to go burning up clutches or worry about having it setup correctly while you are just trying to get it working.

loboracer

#32 Post by loboracer »

The colored stuff is form-a-gasket. Previous owner used it instead of the gasket for the clutch cover gasket. The Rekluse is new to me. I am going to start the motor pulling process. HopefullY I will not have too many problems.

loboracer

#33 Post by loboracer »

Anybody have issues using a rekluse with a hydraulic clutch?

haulinit

#34 Post by haulinit »

There is a thread on here some where about getting a Rekluse to work correctly. I think it was "Jaybr" or "happyboy". I looked but no luck finding it it.

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

The Rekluse is a real pain, but when you get it working correctly its awesome. There were just so many combinations of different parts in the dale that the rekluse works on some, not on others.

So whats going on with yours?

loboracer

#36 Post by loboracer »

i just bought an 02 Blaze with a hydraulic and I have an ATK without one but it has the Rekluse. I would like to combine the best of the 2 quads. I always liked the maguras i have used in the past.

Happyboy

#37 Post by Happyboy »

Does the ATK have the cable clutch still installed?

Because of all the different parts your best bet is to pull the entire clutch out of one and put it in the other. But I am guessing you don't have the motors out, so that option is kaput.

The rekluse actually works the best in the hydro motors, and you can leave the clutch perch installed and it will be functional.

Are you having issues with the install on the hydro? It should install very easily in there, assuming you have a normal parts engine.

loboracer

#38 Post by loboracer »

Yes, the ATK still has the cable installed.
I am not having issues with either clutch but was wondering if the hydraulic off the dale would fit on the ATK that has a cable and the Rekluse on it. Also I would love to know the differences between the ATK and the Blaze. Maybe I should start a new thread?