Need help with 2006 ATK quad.

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

loboracer

#12 Post by loboracer »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Mar 17 2012, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like it, and then some. Does the old dale take the same battery and the 2006 ATK? I just ordered a battery today, I don't know if I can catch it in time.

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

They all use the same batt. If you have a new one coming I'd keep it coming. There are 3 styles of starter solenoids tho kinda? The very early ones 2001 some 2002's where theres no wire pig tail out of the starter solenoid the harness plugs right into it. Then all after that later 2002 tell 2003 use the same with a pig tail out of the starter solenoid "ebay add and the pic Kdeal posted". Some of the last Cdale 2003's use the same later 02 03 starter solenoid with a different style plug in. I really dont know what ATK used tho? If I had to guess ATK's would have a mix of the later 02 03 style's.
In the end tho there is nothing "special" about any of the starter solenoids. If you can get it mounted or plugged in one way of another you'll be good to go.

loboracer

#14 Post by loboracer »

Speed,
You mention a D&M Kit. What is that? I am still info on software on this puppy. Anyone?

loboracer

#15 Post by loboracer »

I got the hold down and the battery. The tap method doesn't work without engaging the starter. Must be a different starter switch on this model? Oil is puking out at the filter out the vent hose.

svahle

#16 Post by svahle »

Hey loboracer. When I got back into quads about 6 or 7 seven years ago I bought a 250r from you. I don't know near as much about Cannondales (or ATK) as most of the guys on this forum, but you've certainly come to the right place for information.

loboracer

#17 Post by loboracer »

QUOTE (svahle @ May 9 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey loboracer. When I got back into quads about 6 or 7 seven years ago I bought a 250r from you. I don't know near as much about Cannondales (or ATK) as most of the guys on this forum, but you've certainly come to the right place for information.

How did you know it was me? Which R did you buy? I don't know who you R... hmm. It looks like you have sold everything. Have any parts left? I know my R's but the dales are a different dog. Geez I am asking alot... blink.gif

svahle

#18 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (loboracer @ May 9 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you know it was me? Which R did you buy? I don't know who you R... hmm. It looks like you have sold everything. Have any parts left? I know my R's but the dales are a different dog. Geez I am asking alot... blink.gif

I knew it was you from the post above asking if you were the guy from racingquads. Here are a couple pics of the R I bought from you. I don't have any R parts left but I do have some spare parts for the dales. I've been holding on to the Dale parts because I still have my Moto. wink.gif

haulinit

#19 Post by haulinit »

You will hear the starter kick just a bit when doing the "tap".

speedfreek

#20 Post by speedfreek »

QUOTE (svahle @ May 10 2012, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew it was you from the post above asking if you were the guy from racingquads. Here are a couple pics of the R I bought from you. I don't have any R parts left but I do have some spare parts for the dales. I've been holding on to the Dale parts because I still have my Moto. wink.gif

Nice looking 250 R svahle. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for 2-strokes, especially the trx 250 r.