crankshaft

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
nitroboy

#1 Post by nitroboy »

just wondering which crankshaft is the better one to use the one with the h beam rod or the one with the i beam rod ?

nitroboy

#2 Post by nitroboy »

since asking around about the different crankshafts maybe people dont know the difference between an i beam rod and a h beam rod most that i have asked have refurred to them as the silver rod and the bronze colored rod and still no one has said which one is better

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

With a z400 bearing they both have proven to have very long lifespans under any power conditions. There have been so few updated cranks that have worn out in a normal manner that there is not much if any data to go on. I personally would prefer the machined rod because it is prettier when on the bench . Although the new Carrillos beat them both for looks and cool factor. As far as the actual crank assemblies I also say neither is "better" the older ones might are a little more challenging to get in newer cases and the newer ones sometimes are slightly out of ballance and may vibrate more.
Are you on the fence over a couple of cranks?

If they are not updated it really doesnt matter both are guaranteed to fail.

nitroboy

#4 Post by nitroboy »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 26 2012, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a z400 bearing they both have proven to have very long lifespans under any power conditions. There have been so few updated cranks that have worn out in a normal manner that there is not much if any data to go on. I personally would prefer the machined rod because it is prettier when on the bench . Although the new Carrillos beat them both for looks and cool factor. As far as the actual crank assemblies I also say neither is "better" the older ones might are a little more challenging to get in newer cases and the newer ones sometimes are slightly out of ballance and may vibrate more.
Are you on the fence over a couple of cranks?

If they are not updated it really doesnt matter both are guaranteed to fail.

who do i send my cranks to i used to send my stuff to champion motorsports but i dont know if they are still in biz cuz no one answers the phone, and i dont wana wait a month to get it back, any advice ?