02 cannable

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
2002dale

#1 Post by 2002dale »

My dad bought the Dale in 2002 it has less than 50hrs on it. Its was just sitting around for the last 6+ years. Last sat. I asked him what he was going to do with it. He said 'get it running and you can have it.' ... **** yea. I was only 13 when he got it and i wasn't allowed to ride it much. I had a 300ex I was racing at the time. Sunday I put a new plug, batt. , and fresh gas. it runs like new.. The engine has had the bolts redone with lock tight. upgraded clutch, moto tune, the valve cover where the antifrezz messes it up has been replaced and engine ice for coolant. Is there anything i should replace. Im calling blackwidow today to order the fuel lines and o-rings, gas cap.

speedfreek

#2 Post by speedfreek »

The most important update is upgrading the crank with the z-400 bearing. If you don't it could break at any time.

2002dale

#3 Post by 2002dale »

The z400 crank is the same crank? How much does it cost to have someone do the crank bearing swap?

speedfreek

#4 Post by speedfreek »

You have to tear your engine down and send it to someone reuputable. They will check your crank out and if it is good they can put a Susuki z-400 bearing on it. Wistech on here knows a guy who can do it for around 140.00 I believe. There are a couple others on here as well. Good Luck