02 moto!

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
ShifT714

#1 Post by ShifT714 »

just picked this moto up last week! wanted one since they came out! i know it has a south bay crank, aluminum valve cover.. and thats about it. anybody got any tips on what to look out for as far as updates?

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (ShifT714 @ Oct 1 2012, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just picked this moto up last week! wanted one since they came out! i know it has a south bay crank, aluminum valve cover.. and thats about it. anybody got any tips on what to look out for as far as updates?

Nice looking quad?
Did you get from someone on the site?

The big updates are internal and hard to detect without opening the motor, and even then, you have almost take someone's word on the crank having the z400 bearing. Make sure the cartridge plates bolts have plenty of loctite, and making sure the sticky bucket in the head isn't a issue. Then you can update the decompression mechanism.

I would pay attention to your fuel lines to make sure they are not bad. Also where the fuel quick disconnects are can be be problems with not flowing enough fuel. My quad was not shooting fuel threw the return line the other day, (it wouldn't start). I messed with the connection at the tank and it started flowing fuel again and started right up. My point is, these quads are starting to get pretty old, so things like fuel line, maybe wheel bearing may start to need replaced due to age.

Good luck with you purchase, its a nice looking quad, that looks to be in great shape.

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

yeah i bought it off the site. i believe it was actually dvrack's.. im waiting on prices from brad at black widow for ball joints, bearings and fuel lines.

blaze#52

#4 Post by blaze#52 »

Looks good, let me know if you need any thing for it.

Brian.

ShifT714

#5 Post by ShifT714 »

your exhaust! and all the suspension off your moto...the shocks on this one are worked..