After 4 years in the garage, it still starts!

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Blasterboy11

#1 Post by Blasterboy11 »

With all this hurricane nonsense going on here, we had to move everything in the garage up to the top of the driveway on the trailers to avoid the flooding, still waiting on power but we put everything back. I havent ridden it in probably 3-4 years, and the fuel is about a year old, from this time last year. I did use fuel stabilizer but something, somewhere went horribly wrong. I got a new battery and she fired right up! No smoke or anything odd, runs ok but wouldnt move under heavy load or throttle, the problem was the lower tank fuel line collapsed inside, filling the filter with rubber. I went to move it last night and the line finally broke and dumped fuel all over the swingarm. LOTS of new lines and things have to be replaced but heres where i need some help.

Ive had zero mechanical issues with it since i got it, it seems to have all the updates done, this was a previous race rig used my Colombia Motorsports in CT and its been solid every time ive ridden it. The suspension needs new bushings everywhere, swingarm/axle bearings, chains/sprockets, pretty much everything outside the bike. I want to swap this motor over to a bike chassis to ride on the road next year. Is it worth the trouble to tear the motor apart even though it really runs good?

Heres the plug, new last year but mind you its only been run around the yard a few times, both the plug and piston are pretty gummed up.

and for giggles, could someone (maybe kdeal? how've you been!) give me any info on this? cheers guys!

Blasterboy11

#2 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Ethanol?

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

dryroted bad.

haulinit

#4 Post by haulinit »

Some 30R9 or stainless steel braided teflon fuel line will prevent that.

Blasterboy11

#5 Post by Blasterboy11 »

where should i look for that? and i could still reuse the quick connect ends?