No Status Lights or Start

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Nickc711

#1 Post by Nickc711 »

Hey Guys

I shut my dale down and when I went to start her back up nothing(no status lights or clicking, headlight work tho). I checked out the ignition start and run buttons all are fine and connected. I'm thinking its the main power relay.

Anybody agree?

Thanks!!

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

The ATV can power up and crank over with a loose or missing main relay. Maybe work the Run-Start switch up-down to see if it wakes up, or test for continuity,...that switch does get corroded or loose inside and wears out over time -- same with the ignition Keyswitch at the most-used position 1. I've sent out several replacements of those parts over the past few years.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Also check the killswitch if you have one installed. Had same symptoms once and had all of the sudden quit getting power. Took apart, cleaned, worked fine again.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Do you still have the clutch safety switch installed? It is 2 wires connected to a switch on the clutch perch. If so if one or both wires have come loose. If so reinstall, better yet tape them together and by pass it.

Ken

Nickc711

#5 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Mar 29 2013, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ATV can power up and crank over with a loose or missing main relay. Maybe work the Run-Start switch up-down to see if it wakes up, or test for continuity,...that switch does get corroded or loose inside and wears out over time -- same with the ignition Keyswitch at the most-used position 1. I've sent out several replacements of those parts over the past few years.

I did check the run/stop and key switch. They both check out. I also tried bypassing them all together and I still couldn't get the status lights to light up or the quad to start.

.......But I never checked the start button, I had forgotten that the status lights don't light until they you hit the start button. I thought they light as soon as the key was turned into "On". Long story short I will be needing a new start switch. wacko.gif

Thanks guys