gearbox oil in the frame oil what is the problem

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Cannondalegermany

#1 Post by Cannondalegermany »

Hello the oil from gearbox is in the frame the frame is full whit oil engine/gear oil what is the problem carttridplate seal or what is the problem my gearbox oil is castrol ep80w pleas help my. The oil lines and cablle is all correctly

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I think you're on the right track with the cartridge plate seal. Probably pinched and is allowing the gear oil to seep by.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

I would think it's just as likely the engine oil would seep into tranny with a cartridge plate seal issue. The oil level is probably about the same between the 2 when not running. I'm trying to think of where the trans oil is pressurized that could leak into the engine side. Not having much luck with that.

Have you seen the level up and/or down on engine and trans?

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Is oil or tranny fluid coming out of the vent tube on the top of the valve cover?I had a oilbridge problem that allowed the two fluids to mix.Hope this helps.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (speedracer @ May 7 2013, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is oil or tranny fluid coming out of the vent tube on the top of the valve cover?I had a oilbridge problem that allowed the two fluids to mix.Hope this helps.

I thought about the oil bridge, but that should be pushing engine oil into the tranny side by my cipherin'.