Is it possible to get a Title for Cannondale ATVs?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
2002CannondaleMoto440Racer

#1 Post by 2002CannondaleMoto440Racer »

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a title for proof of ownership for a Cannondale ATV? I figured with Cannondale no longer making these anymore, it's probably impossible without Cannondales Motorsports no longer in production and with no dealerships. But if there is a way to get a title for the frame, please let me know

werty

#2 Post by werty »

QUOTE (2002CannondaleMoto440Racer @ Sep 16 2013, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a title for proof of ownership for a Cannonit or have had it ale ATV? I figured with Cannondale no longer making these anymore, it's probably impossible without Cannondales Motorsports no longer in production and with no dealerships. But if there is a way to get a title for the frame, please let me know

As long as it isn't stolen if you can ship the frame to nevada its $20. You should look up the local laws regarding a court issued title. In nevada proof that you bought It legally you can have a judge issue you the title. Just did it with a cm450 I bought for $50. Off of criagslist.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (2002CannondaleMoto440Racer @ Sep 16 2013, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a title for proof of ownership for a Cannondale ATV? I figured with Cannondale no longer making these anymore, it's probably impossible without Cannondales Motorsports no longer in production and with no dealerships. But if there is a way to get a title for the frame, please let me know

There is no title per say but in Wi to get an owners registration card go here http://dnr.wi.gov/Permits/wivrs.html
It will get you proof of ownership with just a vin # By the way in wi we now need liscense plates as well a legal exhaust . $175 fine for each offense.

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

In Iowa you just need a bill of sale, then have a Sheriff or DNR officer come over and run the VIN. From there they will approve a form that the DMV/Recorder needs to create a new title. I've done it with a couple Cannondales without a hitch.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 16 2013, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no title per say but in Wi to get an owners registration card go here http://dnr.wi.gov/Permits/wivrs.html
It will get you proof of ownership with just a vin # By the way in wi we now need liscense plates as well a legal exhaust . $175 fine for each offense.

A plate for an off-road ATV?Thats madness! mad.gif

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

We also get gov issued decals but the new decals are printed with what seems to be water soluble ink so after 1 or 2 rides you cant read the numbers anymore. Instead of using better decals they make us buy a special number plates to be affixed to the rear of the machine . ya looks great...not. The irony is they are so worried about you paying for your registration but could care less if you vehicle is stolen or vin number is just made up. To register online with no proof that you actually aquired it legally is pretty wild.

werty

#7 Post by werty »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 16 2013, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We also get gov issued decals but the new decals are printed with what seems to be water soluble ink so after 1 or 2 rides you cant read the numbers anymore. Instead of using better decals they make us buy a special number plates to be affixed to the rear of the machine . ya looks great...not. The irony is they are so worried about you paying for your registration but could care less if you vehicle is stolen or vin number is just made up. To register online with no proof that you actually aquired it legally is pretty wild.

Here the new laws states if the vin is missing or illegible. The dmv will issue a new one. It only a grinder away....