sprockets

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
vickie0523

#1 Post by vickie0523 »

was wanting to gear my recent build up a bit to a 14 or 15 tooth front sprocket. its been a while since I messed with gearing. what other manufacturers front sprockets also fit a dale? for some reason was thinking KTM? thanks.

omegas

#2 Post by omegas »

If you just want a 14 then get a C'dale sprocket from Brad or other, but for a 15 you need the KTM based one.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

We have Cannondale OEM Talon sprockets, with the best fit and correct shoulder to center it -- and likely cheaper than anything you can find.

I have 13, 14, and 15t Talons. There is no need to scrounge other brands. A 12t will cause the chain to heat and melt into the swingarm (in a single outing it seems -- I saw that on a very low-hour machine once).
And a 16t, even if it clears and rotates, will cause the chain to rub the frame crossmember, and wear out the lower roller FAST.

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Oct 21 2014, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have Cannondale OEM Talon sprockets, with the best fit and correct shoulder to center it -- and likely cheaper than anything you can find.

I have 13, 14, and 15t Talons. There is no need to scrounge other brands. A 12t will cause the chain to heat and melt into the swingarm (in a single outing it seems -- I saw that on a very low-hour machine once).
And a 16t, even if it clears and rotates, will cause the chain to rub the frame crossmember, and wear out the lower roller FAST.

Whats a good setup for tight trails-ive 14-50 now but ive herd 14-52 on x440 wrks well w stock map.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep the 14-52 will be better for woods control, parking lots etc... just a bit less top speed, or higher rpm at similar top speed.
OEM cDale Motorcycle sprockets are still avail in 49, 50, 51, and 52t... and even a few 45t for the Motard. The 50t is cheapest from my own stocks.