blowing fuse with lights on.

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Reeve

#1 Post by Reeve »

The last couple trips to the dunes I have been blowing the fuse on night rides. It has been fine for the first 10 minutes then pops the fuse. I rode all day with the lights off with no problem. After the first blown fuse I replaced the tail light with an led bulb. I traced the tail light wires as far as I could and they look fine. I also unwrapped the loom near the ecu and it looks fine. I traced the headlight wires as far as I could and they also looked fine. I never had this problem before I had to pull the throttle body out to free a stuck injector. Is there a common place to look for shorts in the headlight wiring?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I had the tail light harness rub through where it is zip tied to the subframe . Even though the tie was tight vibration rubbed right through the casing.

Reeve

#3 Post by Reeve »

I did a search before posting and found your post about the tail light wires so that was the first thing I checked. I am starting to think that I caused something to short when I pulled the air box. I have looked and none of the wires are pinched but it seems like a good bet because the problem started right after that. Has anyone had the switch short?