HELP!!! 2003 Blaze not starting!!

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Cannonblaze

#1 Post by Cannonblaze »

I have a 2003 Blaze that isn't starting, I was riding in 5th gear and there was no problem no misfiring it was driving good then I held in the clutch and let go of the throttle for I can stop and without anything like it putting up a fight to die it literally just died by itself actually really smoothly. Since then I've changed fuel hoses, fuel pressure regulator, fuel injector, fuel filter, I've checked the flywheel with the "C" from Cannonfale, I've checked all the wiring and seems to be good, I sent my throttle body and ecu to Dave muller for he could recalibrate them and remap my ecu and it still doesn't want to start im basically out of options. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know, thank you.

Cannonblaze

#2 Post by Cannonblaze »

Here's a video of what is happening.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Shine a flashlight down there and make sure you see a fog coming out of both injectors while cranking.
If not make sure your injectors are both securely plugged in. Sometimes they just stick or fail too.
Sometimes the coil can act up too if you have another try it.

Cannonblaze

#4 Post by Cannonblaze »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Jan 15 2015, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shine a flashlight down there and make sure you see a fog coming out of both injectors while cranking.
If not make sure your injectors are both securely plugged in. Sometimes they just stick or fail too.
Sometimes the coil can act up too if you have another try it.

I've changed the coil and the spark plug I've changed so much that I forget somethings I've changed, as for the injectors i know they are secured right because I had that problem but ended up getting them to finally click into place. The picture shows the fog I assume coming out of the throttle body when cranking I have put a little bit of starter fluid just to get it started it did start but ended up dying.

Cannonblaze

#5 Post by Cannonblaze »

If I happen to get it to start and I hold the throttle it will not die the second I let it go it dies on me, I have both my fuel fitting gutted and the fuel filter in the tank is clean. Then the fuel filter on the out was dirty so I took it out and put a regular hose but still doesn't run. Anyone suggestions sad.gif?!

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

... maybe turn the idle screw inward about 1.5 turns and try again.. compare if any change.

Cannonblaze

#7 Post by Cannonblaze »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jan 16 2015, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... maybe turn the idle screw inward about 1.5 turns and try again.. compare if any change.

I've tried that but it won't hurt to try again is there anywhere that explains how to extend the throttle cable right at the point where it connects to the throttle body I put it in the first hole not the second if that matters because it doesn't reach

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

For a thumb throttle you would use the rearward bellcrank slot.
There is much more adjustment of the cable at the thumb throttle exit.
Verify that your cable, as adjusted, will move the throttle plate to exactly full vertical open -- not more or less plate travel... then the plate and bellcrank should still return to some point below your idle stop position.
If your cable travel does not allow return from full 100% to completely closed at 0% -- that is not necessarily a problem, as long as it closes back to below the idle setting.
But you CAN mod the thumb throttle for more stroke, and I have some pics for that.

Cannonblaze

#9 Post by Cannonblaze »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jan 16 2015, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a thumb throttle you would use the rearward bellcrank slot.
There is much more adjustment of the cable at the thumb throttle exit.
Verify that your cable install move the throttle plate to exact full open not more or less plate travel.. then the plate should still return by itself to some point below your idle stop..

I pretty sure it's not opening completely but I have no clue how to adjust that. The picture shows with no throttle and full throttle

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I have/had a throtle body that was in a box of extra parts that came with a quad I bought. I'm not sure what was wrong with it because I didn't need it at that time. but with the butterfly fully closed and the idle screw fully tight they did not make contact. Not sure if there is supposed to be a tip on the end or not but in your picture the threads towards the end look as if something was there. I am probably wrong but I just remember lookig at the one I had. But so many of the extra parts I got were butchered I didn't even try to figure it out. the reason I even thought of this is, if you hold the throtle off idle and it runs that maybe the idle screw is striped or the knob is turning on the bolt whe you try adjusting it. just a thought

I have never pulled the bell crank off. I just think of people who have claimed the Idle screw backing off (my Moto included) that maybe the bell crank does not fit tight on the shaft and it just slips back while in use. I had to adjust my Moto a couple times and it quit dropping and I never put anything on it to stop it. Maybe just rust?