Drag quad

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
ltdyfz450

#1 Post by ltdyfz450 »

[attachment=13536:image.jpg]

Here is my drag quad many years went into this project and we are just getting started. This is a test motor that's 70+ horsepower made by the monster maker himself

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Did you just get it finished? Why has it never been to any of the group rides?

ltdyfz450

#3 Post by ltdyfz450 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jul 1 2015, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you just get it finished? Why has it never been to any of the group rides?

Just got it done zero seat time. Need to re dyno it with the aluminum drag axle

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Its not that light Zack is just a beast man tongue.gif I cant promise anything soon but I will try to get a set of psycho duals fabbed up for testing. I might even have some titanium tubes big enough. Lets make that the most powerfull dale ever built. Just be carefull at the races.

Speed 1B

#5 Post by Speed 1B »

I forsee alot of cdale 1-2 finishes at alot of drag races soon. Lookin good Zach!

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep awesome and congrats!
Also consider hole drilling the underside seat pan.
You might be able to drop another 1/2 pound of excess black plastic.
and you may not even need or be using the seat knob, or use a nylon bolt instead. Man you guys are helping to re-establish the good rep of our machines. Thank you from all of us.

speedfreek

#7 Post by speedfreek »

Also, get the lightest rear rims possible. It might be expensive, but maybe hypers or something even lighter if possible. Great looking build

cheetah5431

#8 Post by cheetah5431 »

Replace that battery with an antigravity battery. Could lose around 6 lbs right there

ltdyfz450

#9 Post by ltdyfz450 »

The seat pan has already been lightened. And someone owes me a lithium ion battery just waitng for it to come in. Those r just rear tires that where installed to move around. Found out with the horsepower that it made a wheelie bar is more than needed to be able to fully get it out of the hole. It was a learing experience so far the front end on the bike now has been removed and thrown out. It got severly twisted. So there has been changes made and it's going to be a little more forward to try to help keep it planted.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Very nice. Its alot of fun to play around with these things. You need Nitrous on that motor now. smile.gif Otherwise good luck being the most powerful motor out there. tongue.gif