ecu burning out

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
dunnbandit1

#1 Post by dunnbandit1 »

I just got finished puting a blaze together out of parts I been gathering over the years. After trying to start it (crank no start) I found the ecu was not sending a ground signal for the fuel pump. It was an ebay unit so it did not know if it was good so I tryed the ecu out of my dirt bike. The fuel pump pump came on for 1 second then quit now same problem. It has the fuel pump wire harness update.Going back over everthing I found the small ground wire that goes under the left headlight was broken. Does anybody know if that ground would kill kill an ecu? Does anybody have an ecu for sale?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

You probably know this but make sure the clutch switch is ok... should show continuity when clutch is pulled and if not those wires need to be together to bypass it in order for it to crank. Are you talking about the ground wire that is right by where you plug in the D&M? That might be the ground for the ecu and the most important one on there... not sure if it would fry the ecu tho.

I probably have a good tested ecu I would sell for $80 shipped and I would throw in one with a bad fuel pump driver where the pump runs all the time but otherwise is fine and you can use it for testing... I even have a good one that has atk software on it if you would rather have that for cheaper.
Ray

dunnbandit1

#3 Post by dunnbandit1 »

Clutch switch has been removed and bypassed. ECU is definitely fryed put the one back in the bike and it wont run now either. Gound wire is the one by the dm connector witch Is ground for ecu.
I dont know if that is what burned up the ecu or if I have another problem. I fixed the ground but im afraid to plug in another ecu and ruin it if that was not what is causing it .

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

I have had a similair problem once. Realy gave me a headache.

Turned out one pin in the wiring harness connector did not make good contact with the ecu.