03 C-Dale Moto(One Way Bearing & No Spark)

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Bailey54

#1 Post by Bailey54 »

I just purchased a 03 Cannondale Moto off a guy that said the bike just quit running one day out riding. He also said the starter was bad.After doing some looking around i came down to the one way bearing starter clutch. It dosent want to turn the motor over all the way. I would like to get some leads on where to buy the starter one way bearing. I believe i also need the sensor above the flywheel. Its not getting any spark i borrowed a brand new coil from a local buddy and still no spark as far as i can tell. Im new to the whole C-dale world. Im trying to trouble shot and atleast hear it run before i tear into the engine and replace the one way bearing.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Bailey54 @ Apr 23 2017, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just purchased a 03 Cannondale Moto off a guy that said the bike just quit running one day out riding. He also said the starter was bad.After doing some looking around i came down to the one way bearing starter clutch. It dosent want to turn the motor over all the way. I would like to get some leads on where to buy the starter one way bearing. I believe i also need the sensor above the flywheel. Its not getting any spark i borrowed a brand new coil from a local buddy and still no spark as far as i can tell. Im new to the whole C-dale world. Im trying to trouble shot and atleast hear it run before i tear into the engine and replace the one way bearing.

Where are you located?
I have a used one way starter bearing as well as many other used parts including the starter wire harness injector ECUs.
there are a few dealers here that can help you with most everything new also, I'm sure they will chime in.
welcome

Bailey54

#3 Post by Bailey54 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Apr 24 2017, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you located?
I have a used one way starter bearing as well as many other used parts including the starter wire harness injector ECUs.
there are a few dealers here that can help you with most everything new also, I'm sure they will chime in.
welcome

Thanks, I'm located north west Indiana Knox,IN to be exact. I've owed the quad for just a week. The guy befor me said he was riding it and it just quit on him one day ridding. How much for the one way bearing? Also can I just order a set of z400 crank bearings and press them in. What else should I do while the engine is apart. Thanks

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

Sent you a PM with a number you can reach me at, as far as updates, you should be able to do a search, there are several, be sure to secure the cartridge bolts, Loctite or a mechanical locking system like stage 8, you'll have to do a search to see what that is, also metal oil pump gear, aluminum impeller, aluminum valve cover to name several.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I would say before you doing anything else remove and inspect the engine oil filter for metal. If the engine is making metal or losing a crank bearing especially the flywheel side bearing the one way starter bearing will be the first to get wiped out. Check for up and down play on the flywheel. There should be none.

Scooter

#6 Post by Scooter »

I have a couple of questions, first if the starter is not turning the motor how do you know there is no spark? Next does the fuel pump cycle when you hit the start button? Is the motor free, will it turn with a wrench?

Scooter

ShifT714

#7 Post by ShifT714 »

Sent ya a pm!