Fuel line routing

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
factoter

#1 Post by factoter »

Anyone have a diagram of the fuel line routing? It's an 01 400. I don't understand how this thing regulates fuel pressure the way it's routed now. The return line is connected to the left side of the pressure regulator; this can't be right

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Fuel line goes from the tank to the bottom of the fuel pump. From there it goes out the top of the fuel pump thru the injectors and down to the regulator. Then lastly from the regulator to the return side of the fuel tank. The fuel line from the injectors goes to the rear most port on the regulator. The front most port goes to the tank. You should also reroute the fuel line from the back of the tank to the fuel pump where it goes over the motor to prevent heat soak. There is a factory Service Bulletin about this (SB02-005).

[attachment=13941:SB02_005..._Routing.pdf]

factoter

#3 Post by factoter »

QUOTE (kdeal @ May 25 2017, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuel line goes from the tank to the bottom of the fuel pump. From there it goes out the top of the fuel pump thru the injectors and down to the regulator. Then lastly from the regulator to the return side of the fuel tank. The fuel line from the injectors goes to the rear most port on the regulator. The front most port goes to the tank. You should also reroute the fuel line from the back of the tank to the fuel pump where it goes over the motor to prevent heat soak. There is a factory Service Bulletin about this (SB02-005).

[attachment=13941:SB02_005..._Routing.pdf]

Thanks for the info! The problem turned to be the quick connect return line to the tank. It was clogged by a chunk of rubber from the old fuel lines. I gutted it and it's all good! I appreciate your help