02' Blaze misfiring and stalling while riding and idling

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Cannondaleriderohio63

#1 Post by Cannondaleriderohio63 »

I purchased this bike about 6 months ago from my uncle who had built the whole entire bike, was told every update was done, but positive it has all the internals updated and fixed. I replaced the battery, made sure all fuel lines and filter are clean, and checked all simple things like air filter, oil, antifreeze, etc. Bike was misfiring while i was riding and to get it home i would start it about every 30sec it was stalling that much just trying to get home. Then all together the bime would not start, has power to lights but the starter won't even turn over. I believe the starting issue would be an electrical wire being overheated and a simple fix but the misfiring has me confused and not sure what it could be. Any help is appriciated. Thanks -Max

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

First make sure the motor is free to turn over, or the internal one-way might get damaged.
Turn flywheel clockwise manually with a 17mm socket for full rotations -- without binding or crunchy feel or rough sounds... leave the flywheel cover off while cycling checks are done. You do not need to labor the starter while troubleshooting fuel and ignition issues.