02 cannibal build

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Starquestjoe

#1 Post by Starquestjoe »

Though i would share my build with everyone. It a 2002 Cannibal that my brother in law picked up for $350. Pervious owner said the head gasket was bad and using coolant. Well i got it and found the valve cover was destroyed. Plan was to fix it and ride it. Well after repairing what was needed i broke the little vent nipple of the water pump cover. I couldnt find one at that time, now i have 3 lol. So it sat for a year in my basement till this year. We pulled it out to get it going and it turned into a full build very quickly.

Now it has Houser anti vibe stem, LSR +2 arms, PeP front shock and PeP revalved ohlins rear. Moto front hubs and axle. HMF exhaust and Uni filter. Aluminum valve cover, water pump, oil pump gear. DLC buckets and FX cams with adjustable gears. Tag T2 yfz bend bars with bike start & kill buttons. Blue cycra hand guards. Prm front and rear bumpers. Prm belly skid. Z400 AC pro peg nerfs. And more...

What i started with....

Cleaning the frame...

Starquestjoe

#2 Post by Starquestjoe »

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Looking sweet biggrin.gif

Starquestjoe

#4 Post by Starquestjoe »

I should have some more progress pics this coming weekend. Should have it a complete roller by the weekend. then im goin to pull the motor apart and inspect everything. Then install all the updates i have for it

Starquestjoe

#5 Post by Starquestjoe »

Starquestjoe

#6 Post by Starquestjoe »

Well things have changed a little. I did pull the motor that came in this bike apart. Only bad thing i found was one exhaust bucket was worn out and the cam is junk. Measured the lobe height and service limit is 36mm. The cam measured 34.4mm. Trash lol. Not a big deal as i have fx cams and dlc buckets. Piston and liner look newer then the rest of the engine. Will be reassembling it this week.......

But now over the past weekend i picked up another 02 cannibal with a timbo stroker motor and tuned ecu. Now the plan is to swap that engine into my built 02. Engine is completely updated already and i have been riding it over the past week....wow it pulls hard. Once mine is up and running ill install my original 02's engine into the new 02.

Starquestjoe

#7 Post by Starquestjoe »

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Make sure you replace the valve springs and valves in any head that had a cam failure. Valve spring need to be checked anyways new or used as there is some seriously weak ones out there.

Starquestjoe

#9 Post by Starquestjoe »

Ok will do. I didnt see spring specs in the manual but ill go over it again

Just double check the manual and found the info need to check springs and buckets.

Starquestjoe

#10 Post by Starquestjoe »

Rebuilt the hmf i had powder coated blue this past weekend. Also pulled the built motor and harness from the cannibal i picked up in Baltimore. Took the harness and cleaned ever inch of it. Removed all the old tape and loom. Basically rebuilt the harness then installed it on my 02 cannibal. Should have it up and running this weekend hopefully.

Also i picked up another project/ restore 2002 moto that came with some nice PC carbon parts