Armoks

rubicon20032003

#11 Post by rubicon20032003 »

Amorks

Is the man.Came out of his way to help me on his christmas break .And got it going in acouple minutes.Won't even let me buy him lunch.He no what he's talking about on dales

jfarrar

#12 Post by jfarrar »

timbo...timbo....timbo.....lol! j/m:p

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jwheat
I haven't seen anyone's idea shot down if it was a good workable idea. I seen people suggest different things and then it was pointed out why it wouldn't work. Sometimes it turned into a fight because of smartass comments.

What I have seen is Tim, Steve, and John put up there own money and time to improve our bikes. Some things they have come up with have worked great and some things didn't.....that's part of R&D.

******....nobody disputes that you're good with fuel injection and that you have done alot of tweaking to help out with our maps (I run one of them), but what have you done to help out with the new improvements that are being developed for our motors. Why don't you chip in some time and help out with the mapping problems instead of just bitching about other people getting a few well deserved accolades.

No offense, but yes they have and on more than one occassion. ****** and myself have been posting tolet us have a crack at your fuel issues and all we get is we tried that and you couldn't do any better. That right there is the problem. I would help in a heart beat, but all we got is there is no way our heads and motors could be anything like what they were working on.

I have been to a dyno and have looked at percentage increases across the board from stock, to 450, to Falicon. Their increases are lower than mine is, but that doesn't mean anything.

I appreciate your peacekeeping, but get real. I know ****** can be a wise azz, but he didn't just start acting that way out of the blue.

CptHook

#14 Post by CptHook »

Yeah because bitterness over petty issues is really what this community is lacking. Why would we bother keeping the peace when our community is so huge right? Who cares if the long-standing important members dont get along. :confused:

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by DIRT
Honestly I think this is good advise.I used to see you post about the z400 bearing thing  about some quads in the for sale section......example my moto thanks I could have got 5000g for it.You guys say put a z400 bearing in it or its  going to blow.I talked to a guy today who had 4 seasons on a motor that just went today.
If your goig to do a z400 bearing and do your motor right your going to change the piston and prolly do a valve job any way.
Some last 4 hours some last 4 seasons.As Forest Gump would say ...........Cannondales are like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

Dirt that motor didn't go so he is getting more than 4 years out of it. The clutch was shot! A class rider with over 500hrs on the motor!!!!smile.gif

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CptHook
Yeah because bitterness over petty issues is really what this community is lacking. Why would we bother keeping the peace when our community is so huge right? Who cares if the long-standing important members dont get along. :confused:

Let me clarify. I get along with everyone. I just don't agree with them all the time. Does that mean I hate them? NO!!! Steve and I bicker all the time, but it wouldn't stop me from buying him a beer or chatting it up if we see each other in person. Same goes with Tim or any other Cannondale rider. Except you I hate sea people!!!:mad: Something about that parrot pisses me off!!!:hammer:

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by Derno24
No offense, but yes they have and on more than one occassion.  ****** and myself have been posting tolet us have a crack at your fuel issues and all we get is we tried that and you couldn't do any better.  That right there is the problem.  I would help in a heart beat, but all we got is there is no way our heads and motors could be anything like what they were working on.  

I have been to a dyno and have looked at percentage increases across the board from stock, to 450, to Falicon.  Their increases are lower than mine is, but that doesn't mean anything.  

I appreciate your peacekeeping, but get real.  I know ****** can be a wise azz, but he didn't just start acting that way out of the blue.

This differing opinion started when it was said by ****** that all we need to do to tune the motors we are running are flowrate and offset changes.
Guys that does not work with the engine combos we are running.So obviously the reason it works for ****** and Derno must be that there motors arent flowing as much air as ours are.When we are on the dyno we are also tweaking for hp and not just AFR.Different motors have also shown to produce the most hp at differing AFR readings.Some like to run leaner than others to get more hp.Derno I have never seen any dyno runs you guys did.
****** I have begged you forever to design a map that works with the strokers with stock flow and offset settings.That would be a awesome startingpoint for all motors.It still hasnt been done yet by anyone.Thats still what I would like to see.

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

Steve,

I did post the dyno's for all three. I will find the dyno sheets scan them and post them again if I can't find them through a search.

We have had all kinds of discussions on the injection system and have given different suggestions for cracking this nut. I would be more than willing to help. I have seen things with our system that break every piece of logic we were led to believe that is what I was trying to convey.

As for a map designed for stock airbox strokers it already exsists. Jay posted it, but I dyno'd it back when the falicon went together. I have it at home and will post that too. I think it was called Faliconblazespeed. I will help with whatever you think is needed. But in turn I think an open mind is needed on both sides as too many times ****** and I have been cut off because our opinions differed from the groups.

I think differing opinions only makes thing better!

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

That would be just great.The problem with going to the dyno is almost everytime we were doing 3-5 machines all different motors and such.There just was never enough time to get everything correct with stock flowrate and offset settings so we did maps and the flow and offsets.That complicated things greatly.Also everybody needs to keep in mind that there are only two motors which have definitly run out of fuel that the stock injectors can provide.Wistechs SA and Annimals 505.However if the math is done any that are at 50hp are right at the limit.That is not a good thing according to all the fuel injection info I have seen.With different injectors everything will have to be done all over again.Lot of work,time,and money.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

When I go to the dyno it is me alone and I can tinker as much as I want. I know that they have way low numbers, but I only look at % increase as that is the true number.

On the 2 that ran out Wistech's motor was a 500ecu correct? If so it wasn't the injectors as it was the ecu ran out of adjustment. 500 only get 8% adjustability as the 1000's are 20%. One other thing I was curious about was how the settings were done. I have seen inverse reactions to building maps and tweaking flowrates. It makes no sense logically, but it happened. Wish you guys taped your session so we could all brainstorm. Also as you said each machine reacts different so I still think it is wise for everyone to lean this stuff on their own. Also to find out where a dyno or afr meter is by them.