The Cyclone!

rider283

#21 Post by rider283 »

soooo 7 for the pipe, 3 for this thing, 5 for no airbox, 15 for porting and stroker/big piston, what 2-3 lets just say 3 from mapping starting out at an average of 34 for a cannibal we are now at 66-67hp right?

getting a little deep in here.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Nobody ever said any numbers like that.Would need to look at all the charts but the gains have been over a 3 year period a little at a time.Biggest gain is from porting but very few of the mods have any effect unless used with other mods so some need to be0.

timbomoose

#23 Post by timbomoose »

"soooo 7 for the pipe, 3 for this thing, 5 for no airbox, 15 for porting and stroker/big piston, what 2-3 lets just say 3 from mapping starting out at an average of 34 for a cannibal we are now at 66-67hp right"

Honestly I don't know where are you getting your #'s from?Nothing I'm advertising?Don't know where you're getting the info from.I'll post some dyno charts.Yes just under 3 hp gain from the cyclone is correct over stock with my ported head on a stroker, gain will not be as big on a stock motor.You need to take the 1 off the 15 for porting and then you'll be close and is REAL add 1-2 for big bore and 1-2 for stroke.I also port the motor different for stock stroke and stroker for best possible powerband.Different combo's makes different power with different maps.

****** when switched from max getting tuned with open filter and short airhorn was .7 and then was able to tune up to .86 if you read the posts from before you would have seen this.I don't force anything on anyone.When people call I tell them best bang for buck for the customer and not for my pocket.Anyone who has bought my stuff can vouch and were always happy with the results.

Another note: The funny thing is I'm the only one who is showing actual dyno numbers with charts of anyone, anywhere, who sells or has sold products for these machines. People have dyno'd there quads after getting from me and got what I advertised and I get my rocks busted worse than anyone and also charging the lowest price by FAR. Anyone who doesn't want my stuff doesn't have to buy it. Don't criticize unless you have tested yourself and have not got what I advertised. Everyone else thank you for your business.

dalewannbe

#24 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by timbomoose
"I'm the only one who is showing actual dyno numbers with charts of anyone, anywhere, who sells or has sold products for these machines. People have dyno'd there quads after getting from me and got what I advertised and I get my rocks busted  worse than anyone and also charging the lowest price by FAR. Anyone who doesn't want my stuff doesn't have to buy it. Don't criticize unless you have tested yourself and have not got what I advertised. Everyone else thank you for your business.

Well said Timbo! :clap: :clap:

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

I think alot of us will be happy when that day comes!See ya.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by rider283
soooo 7 for the pipe, 3 for this thing, 5 for no airbox, 15 for porting and stroker/big piston, what 2-3 lets just say 3 from mapping starting out at an average of 34 for a cannibal we are now at 66-67hp right?

getting a little deep in here.

Ya those estimates are not what we came up with. The airbox was worth 2 on average, the bike stack averaged 2 more , the first version cyclone was .86 above the bike stack. . This is an average +or - 1 .

So in general the stroked /ported engines. Running no airbox with the many choices of stacks and filters a 2 to 5+ gain was achieved.

We havent really delved into what the gains are for mildly ported or stock heads because we dont dyno to many quads like that any more. But I would assume the gains wont be nearly as much on average because the engine cant handle the airflow these mods can deliver.

Then you look at all the different engine configuartions there are and each gain will depend on the setup. So far its been as high as 20 above the stock engine with the wide array of mods.

I apologize if the dyno results confuse you.

wanablaze

#28 Post by wanablaze »

So if I swapped out my boomer airbox for a "Cyclone", I'd see an increase near the same as a 450 kit. Don't know price yet, but seems like a good deal to me.

wistech

#29 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by wanablaze
So if I swapped out my boomer airbox for a "Cyclone", I'd see an increase near the same as a 450 kit.  Don't know price yet, but seems like a good deal to me.

A cyclone has only been dynod/raced on a 468 stroker so we wont know the results until that is tested.
The next test will be with stock airboxes for those who dont ride in dunes or winter.

T-Rex

Cyclone

#30 Post by T-Rex »

Pictures.....whats it look like esssay (spanish slang)