cranks and rods

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Here's a price break down on cranks and rods

1.Old style billet rod crank z400 update $90(does not need ballancing)
2.New style forged rod crank z400 update $140 included machining for better ballance
3.Stroker crank 2.2mm $499 with new rod with bronze bushing z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
4.Stroker crank stock rod good $350 includes z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
5.Stoker crank 6mm $575 completely different rod includes z400 bearing and bronze bushing rod can give discount core charge back on stock rod if good. Custom piston required because of long rod.

Right now there is about a 1 1/2 to 2 month wait on ALL cranks and rods. Right now lots of orders are going out the next few weeks.I have hired someone partime who has years in the tool and die business to helpout. Right now is in the process of training.This will hopefully for once and for all make rods and cranks available and on the shelf within a couple of months.

Another note is all previous orders not yet shipped are still the old pricing.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

There is no one else doing this type of work or even takes the time to do everything right. SO unless you are a qualified machinist and have several hundred hours of time to do research on what works and don't work, this is your only choice (even on stock cranks).

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

Yep,
I've watched Tim work, and boy is he meticulous. Watched him double and triple check things. Very happy with his work and worth every penny. Can't believe how reasonable his prices really are.

P.S. This thing is more reliable and smooth than it's ever been. Thanx, Tim. My dad's will be on it's way to you this week.

loganlexow

#4 Post by loganlexow »

Is there any word on the cranks yet? I know Timbo said it would be a little while, but I am impatient and ready to buy. Sorry for the annoyance guys.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

Working away.22 rods done and going through finishing step some already out and spoken for.Another 22 in process of getting machined for heat treat half already spoken for.As soon as in heat treat will be ordering another bar of steel.Working hard on trying to get ahead of the game."would be a first time ever"

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (timbomoose @ Jan 29 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Working away.22 rods done and going through finishing step some already out and spoken for.Another 22 in process of getting machined for heat treat half already spoken for.As soon as in heat treat will be ordering another bar of steel.Working hard on trying to get ahead of the game."would be a first time ever"

Tim would you happen to know about how many cranks you have done over the last few years? Maybe some break down on bearing update only,or cranks with new rods. Id be courise to know.

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

I can look up and get a very close number on rods made from heatreat reciepts,strokers from heat treat reciepts on pins,z400 update how many bearings purchased - stoker pins made.Also some people suppled their own z400 bearings.My best possible guess on top of my head for total rebuilt cannondale cranks stroker and updated would be a little over 300.You got me curious, I'll have look up paper work from the past few years to see what it actually is. Happy to say zero failure rate of rods,pins,and rod bearings that I know of and only 2 failures with cranks total.Both from small crank halfs beaking one last year and one 2 years ago.Might have been from faulty casting, stress from welds or both,but have done small changes to try to eliminate that. Goal is to see no failures but pretty happy with the track record since it's getting close to 3 years and around 300 cranks since started. Z400 bearing is definately the key.Thank you suzuki!

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

300 not bad, yeah I????????ve been wondering it myself. Talking about broken small half????????s, if you remember my bros was one of them wink.gif???????Well if you ever do get a total count it sure would be neat to read. So only about 1,000 more dales to go. Then you can start makeing billet cases like they do for the sheess. biggrin.gif