Bits....

wayneschofield

#11 Post by wayneschofield »

Oh yes..... you did get the money I sent, didn't you?

I hope you did, $2k is a lot to misplace......

timbomoose

#12 Post by timbomoose »

Hi Wayne have a few things ready for you. Can you pm over your parents address in Florida. Didn't have a return address on the box. Can ship out right away. Will get the 100mm piston made with the wristpin location as high as posible.What compression would you like 11.5-12.5-13.5-14.5 etc.Can run up 12.5 on pump gas 92 octane.Recieved payment. Thanks. Destroked crank is in the process. Pin for the destroked crank and falicon crank are at the heattreated and should recieve back end on this week.

wayneschofield

#13 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim. Thanks for the info.

Trouble is, the folks came back at the weekend... Ah well!

I will be using the 100mm piston with the re-pinned Falicon, and will be needing a rod made to suit. If you can get CP to make it with a 12.5 comp provisionally, I will fettle the head to suit my needs come build time.

You may as well hold on to the parts untill everything is done and I will decide what to do re shipping then, I may even collect them myself if I get over there.

Cheers

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Wayne, I meant to tell you this last week... You may want to call Timbo regarding crankshaft balancing. I just had mine dynamically balanced by an associate of Tim's, using the piston weight, counter balancer, and flywheel. He gave a before and after printout at the end and it was TERRIBLE! Please call Tim....

wayneschofield

#15 Post by wayneschofield »

I had one done over here that went the same way, more vibes than a stock one.....

Thanks for the info.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

He means it was way out before it was balanced.I hope laugh.gif

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

It was way out before the dynamic balancing, but after Tim did his usual static balancing. Tim said they are WAY worse before his static balancing.

Mine had 700+ lbs of wobble force on the right side @ 8k rpm, and 350 lbs of wobble force on the left side @ 8k rpm. Now it has been balanced with all the bottom end parts and piston weight for a much smoother 18lbs of wobble force on the right side @ 8k rpm, and 15 lbs of wobble force on the left side @ 8k rpm. Tim has the printout from the guy's new machine to prove it.

wayneschofield

#18 Post by wayneschofield »

If it's right at one rpm, it will be wrong at another. Darn singles.....

I have a feeling that the one I had done (by a very reputable firm) just happens to have vibration zones in sync with the frequency of the frame or the bars so that it 'feels' worse from the rider's point of view.

Symoto

#19 Post by Symoto »

I'm glad someone has eventualy bitten the bullit and had this done, it's been running around in my head for about a year now since I spent 2 hours on the phone to Waynes very reputable associate,but the cost of setting up a comprehensive dynamic balancing rig for one particularly idiosincratic (read dale ) motor (unless you find 10 guys that require the same service) is tomuch for one crank.
If this guy is setup I'd like to see the info he sent you and some fotos of the rig he uses, then wayne can tell us about the harmonics unsure.gif required to get my motor to sing between 5k and 9K rpm without vibrating it's self apart bellow that.
Singles don't you just love em wacko.gif
Mark
PS I like what tim does it clears some of the unpleasentness from the motor and so far I have no complaints, (3 motors all run over 2 thousand klms problem free)

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

The guy Timbo goes to for balancing seems to really be good. It's same guy all along but he just got this new balancing machine. Word is its good enough that a motor is going to be built without a counterbalancer. Finally!Got to be worth some hp for us dragracers.