Stroker Maps

turbospeed440

#11 Post by turbospeed440 »

thanks everyone for getting back to me so fast i played with the maps and offsets and flowrates and this is what i get. first im running 100 octane. i loaded in the animal128 map from timbomoose and started at my stock settings 2608 and .88. wont start. then raised the offest untill it started worked good at 1.25. im in ct its cold 30 degrees outside. after it warmed up she started easy. so i started to play with the flow rate. lowered it in 50 steps when i hold the thottal at like 3/4 it pops and flames come out the exhaust. i lowers it all the way down to 2200 didnt get better or worse then went up to 2650 didnt help. so i swaped maps to the southbay motodrag map. set the my settings at 2450 and 1.2 let the quad sit outside for a few hours. she started right up reved high then came down to 2200-2400 and no poping. what gives . thats guys

im a cnc machinist so i can make any parts. anybody need anything made drop me an email. ill be glad to help

paul

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

I'm having the same trouble w/that map on my 450 stroker. It changes slightly w/different flow rate/offset but never quits popping. Starts up easily, runs great w/out backfire, but when sitting still being revved it backfires at 3/4 throttle pretty bad. On MotoSpeed map there was zero backfiring once I got it right.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats wierd.Annimals maps are richer 3/4 and up maybe too much.Original motospeed map would be lean at 3/4 to full since speedmap was made for a stock exhaust.The other motospeed map around has moto fuel settings which are a little richer on top.Are you guys sure you are saving your throttle cals when loading the maps?Otherwise maybe they are corrupted somehow.

timbomoose

#14 Post by timbomoose »

Turbospeed440 can you send a link or email the southbay motodrag map.Might be able to make a few maps from it with different timing and use the fuel settings from that might help some others out that are also running the open air filter.Have not run an open filter myself in those temps and could save someelse some grief in tuning. Would not run in other machine if has a heavy timing advance unless running high octane like you are.There are so many different combos of motors out there now no one map will work for everyone.

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Are you guys sure you are saving your throttle cals when loading the maps?Otherwise maybe they are corrupted somehow.

My settings are unchanged other than messing w/the fuel rate/offset. One thing I noticed though was that it's currently been around 20 degrees here. Outside when riding it never backfires, nor does it when in neutral being revved. It only does it when it's in the garage that's heated. After messing around alittle more the backfiring's mostly gone, but there's still some there in neutral revving. I love the animals map though.

GDITheman

#16 Post by GDITheman »

i loaded the animals128 map this weekend. ran good and 35* on sat with 2350 flow and .95 offset. sunday was a bit cooler around 30* and it would pop and was hard to start. at times would run great and then it would back fire and stall at half throttle. i usually hate my dale in the winter because it is so hard to tune. mine is a falicon stroker with a 450 piston (non ported).

Psychosis

#17 Post by Psychosis »

That's strange. All I have is a stroker w/a stock piston and mine's running like 2355 fuel rate as well but .92 on the offset. Different area or elevation I guess.