The Cyclone!

claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

..When will be able to buy theses? Do we have a price for them? How about a pic?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

There are a bunch of different prototypes he is making.Should do some dyno testing Wed.I would also like to try a divider in airbox to direct air down better also.

T-Rex

#13 Post by T-Rex »

Where are the pictures of this product....

Craig_C

#14 Post by Craig_C »

Wow...I missed the . in .8 HP

Thats a small difference I belive- ya know .8 HP and 8 HP!

timbomoose

#15 Post by timbomoose »

Yeh, I wish it were 8hp but it is .8hp. Will never exagerate any claims and will give true real hp #'s. Also will not waste time selling things that do not work.Looking for every little bit of power that we can find,because 1+1=2,2+2=4 & 4+.8=4.8. Everything that is hp advertised is dyno tested.I'm still making more prototypes to see which is best and will be sold after dyno testing is done.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#16 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Hey Timbomoose,

Not flamin ya but just curious about the .8 hp gain. This is perceived on the Dyno correct?

Is there any antcipated loss of that gain when you place the new part in actual usage condtions i.e. race outside, different ambient conditions etc..

Is your dyno setup forcing warm/cool or room ambient temperture air to the test quad?

:clap: on your efforts I look forward to the final results and the product.

Ken

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

The dyno room is temp controlled for heat in winter.Dont know what temp its at.There is a correction factor built into the dyno for temp and such.SAE correction is used.Most modern factor.There are some fans blowing on quad but that is mostly for cooling radiator.There could very well be more or less of an effect when moving at fast speeds especially with a hood with opening in front.

wanablaze

#18 Post by wanablaze »

Congrats, Tim! :clap:

.8 Hp at the rear wheels is a pretty impressive improvement over an already good design. Especially on such a small displacement motor.

wanablaze:drink:

CannondaleRider

#19 Post by CannondaleRider »

.8 is very close to 1....let me think about it.....yeah, I believe it is .2 away from 1 HP.

1 HP is only 7 HP away from what a full exhaust system gives. ****, at that rate, why even bother running High flow exhaust, lets all run toasters!!! Since its such a little gain rolleyes.gif

Point is, any HP gain is a good thing. If your at 40 HP, and gain about 1 HP. Yeah, doesn't seem like a big deal. But you find 10 little things that increase HP by 1...now your at 50 HP.

Just don't understand why your knocking everybody for finding things to BETTER Cannondales.

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Pretty simple, if you don't want it or its too small of a gain then don't run it. No reason to ridicule it.

Now lets do a comparison. If a new person has the long funnel and there are two options on the table. A ~2 HP gain or a ~3 HP gain, which do you think is is going to take?