More power found?

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

I think we are at the point where changes to the head are required. There are several options here and I am going to test one out on the 470 to see if it is the way to go . If it works then new valves and seats will be required. Ive already had a new type of seat installed in several heads so I know they work . The valve design is no problem. I just need the funding and the time to implement it. It will have to be done on a big bore for valve clearance . Anyone want to volunteer an large bore engine for possible dyno king or halls of destruction material? LOL
Id like to help run with Tims research ideas and computer simulations. Im skeptical on what it is saying about valve timing though. Its hard to get away from what has been working for us so far.

Since we have the base # on the SAS I want to test out these changes at the next dyno day
500ecm vrs the 1000ecm (still no proof that one is better than the other)
lightened flywheel vrs stock
unplugged stator vrs removed stator vrs bike stator vrs quad stator
high lift cams vrs stock
oversized valve vrs undersized
Im optamistic that some of these new changes might get a smaller engine to 60hp or darn close to it.

An idea for a new exhaust port design and large headpipes has been discussed . Maybe even making it a dual muffler vrs single muffler. Hopefully dyno results on the dual system will show promise to go ahead with the mods.

I hope that T-rex's secret mods pay off . I will let him let the cat out of the bag on that. Ive alway been skeptical about that stuff but the dyno will tell all. Id say 50hp is doable on that little screamer but 55 is a tall order. Better learn how to dyno tune a harley map quickly or fly c27 down there . biggrin.gif

timbomoose

#12 Post by timbomoose »

Not really going to say everything being done exactly what it is until tested so I don't lead everyone down the wrong path,and also might not work. Have done more simulations and learned a little more.Have also designed the new part and just have to make and test. The mods we're looking at is for the BEST possible power band and with the most possible torque and hp gains where they would be used most 7000 rpm to redline. C27 is working on an exhaust to test,thanks Steve, along with cobradaler who has just sent out the duals to be dyno tested.Wistech is doing some more testing and between everything we're bound to make some more gains.If everything works out like it should if you want max power per cc you'd be foolish to ride anyother brand. Right now we're keeping ahead of the competition mod/mod buts its time, hopefully, to stomp them out and leave them scratching their heads!

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Its kind of funny that the majority of crazy stuff we have tried has lead to a cumulative effect and over all increase in the average power of the engines. We are getting so used to success that its easy to think the trend will continue. Who knows ...some of these new ideas might be losers. Luckily there have not been many of those.

timbomoose

#14 Post by timbomoose »

I agree with wistech we are getting used to almost everything tryed making more horsepower. So far have had only 2 mods that I tried that hurt power,indeed we are getting spoiled. I am very excited about the new mods. My brother and I have spent extensive hrs on developing a new high performance cam that in all reality should make BIG gains! I have not been impressed with any of the other after market cams that have been made in the past for power or wear. The prototype cam has been made and will be getting installed in animalscannibal's 505 this week and when the duals get here we'll be testing them too.It will be a very expensive day on the dyno. Will be dyno shooting full hmf exhuast against fmf ti,against duals,against c27 modified duals on 2 quads 505 and speed1b's 478. We have a base dyno for both even though both motors are not fresh anymore its still a base line.Hopefully the cams and duals do what is expectled and the 65hp barrior will be broken.The great thing about the cams being tested is that they should make a noticable increase on all size motors.If they work as planned I will go forth and make a production run on the cams, not hardwelded used cams but completely new ones.Will post charts good or bad after dynoing.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Go Tim GO Tim Go Tim GOOO!!!!!!!

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Me too hoping for best.This is first time cam profiles are being made with a actual direction based on computations rather than just guesses.My hopes are up.

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

Tim, you are indeed dedicated. You go man!!

What is 27 doing to the duals?

Speed 1B

#18 Post by Speed 1B »

I have alot of faith in Tim's new cam design. Its been given alot of thought and hours of planning and id say he'll hit it right on the head. With the new cam, and the new dual exhuaust and 27's exhaust id say we are looking at some realitively easy power gains. There are few people out there that are as motivated as Tim and im really glad i know him!!

T-Rex

#19 Post by T-Rex »

Can't wait to see or here about the results. They will be power gains....

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jan 18 2007, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim, you are indeed dedicated. You go man!!

What is 27 doing to the duals?

I made a couple bungs that the ID is way bigger than the ports.On same order as BlackWidow pipe bungs but much bigger ID hope is to cut stock ends off dual exhaust using second size pipe on exhaust and slip it on these to see if any difference is there.