New Timbo maps?

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Derno I used the blue combo since it produced more power all last year.Never had a overheating problem.But yes I agree our quads like to run rich.

I wasn't looking to much at just overheating as I was at running hotter in general. Just a theory of mine, but with the weak springs and such heat would cause earlier fatigue which in turn would cause head failures. That was where I was heading. I know you know what you are doing completely, but most of the people running around with the D&M kit don't truely understand the great tool they have been given and the need to at least get close to a good number.

theJeStEr1340

#22 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Derno24
...., but most of the people running around with the D&M kit don't truely understand the great tool they have been given and the need to at least get close to a good number.

Don't talk about me like that! lol... Good info guys!

timbomoose

#23 Post by timbomoose »

What's the deal with the Animals128 map?

The animals128 map is another maps simular to the high flow speed that works nice with the bigbore strokers based on the speed map.Don't have any other new maps out besides the animals128 yet.Just been WAY TOO BUSY.Hoping to get some more agressive and tamer maps made up but need to run them for a while myself to make sure they're safe.There's getting to be alot of different motor combinations out there with different porting, strokes,bores,cams ,compression ration,etc so no one map can take care of everyone.So some tuning is going to be necessary with any major motor mods.Started messing around with a aggresive drag race map with heavier timing curve but will not be ready for a while.With heavier timing can cause damage to a motor from preignition and a higher compression motor would see that point befoe a lower compression.

timbomoose

#24 Post by timbomoose »

Steve thanks for posting maps wasn't sure how to do so.I do agree with derno any time putting a new map in should take caution and pay attention to your motor for running hot,pinging,or too rich so not to damage your motor and in what range doing so.The maps steve posted all have timing curves within stock parameters with different fuel settings all being richer.Which would be safer than running a stock map on a big bore stroker motor.The map psychosis is running also found works very good on stockbore stroker motors without porting and the animals128 seems to work very well on bigbore stroker motors.Always when mapping be sure to start out on the rich side.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

If anyone wants a map tested for AFR send it to me and I will be more than happy to run it on the local dyno and give you the results.

housercdale

#26 Post by housercdale »

What map would be good for a 450 with the maz airbox? It is not a stroker. Bike is used for motocross. I just got it together and before was using the moto map.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

You wont ever get a answer to that question since it all depends on what YOU like and the combo of parts YOU have.With my 450 with airhorn mod I liked the Motospeed alot for racing and the Blaze for trailriding and harescrambles.

claas900

#28 Post by claas900 »

..hey C27,how do i know what the rev. limit is on the maps you posted?

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

It says it in the description on the bottom of the fuel spreadsheets.

claas900

#30 Post by claas900 »

o ok,sorry..ill look closer at them..