Difference between timbo stroker and falicon

CptHook

Difference between timbo stroker and falicon

#1 Post by CptHook »

At the current momment my dale motor is sitting in dougs shop awaiting a falicon crank. I decided to do the stage 1 thumper package he has listed on his site since I needed a stage 8 too. Now what is the difference between this and the timbo crank? Price? Does he have them readily available?

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

Nobody knows?

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Well, they both make big power. biggrin.gif The Timbo crank puts out some nice numbers and I hear the Falicon is the same. I think w/either you're going to be happy but until they go side by side on a dyno together w/equal cc size, it'll be hard to tell the difference if hardly any.

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

Whats the difference in price and reliability? Can you get a crank in a decent amount of time?

I'm starting to shop around a little here, so I wouldnt mind knowing who would be a better choice.

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

What is the timbo crank? Is he like making these in his basement? Are they modified stock cranks?

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Timbo works out of a secret mountain base . He's kind of like Q from the james bond flicks. Everytime we see him he has some super weapon in testing. LOL

He is using the factory cranks and remanufacturing them for better balance and your choice of offset pins for a stroke kit or just new stock stroke. He also has risen to the challange of custom building connecting rods based off of the early billet dale rods. All cranks get the suzuki rod bearing. Ive used several of his rods and one crank. Its almost a shame to put parts that look so good in in a motor where they cant be seen.

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Power wise they are very, very close. Timbo was at the group ride with one of his strokers, and he and Deleware152 on his 468 Falicon motor took turns winning the drag races.

As Wistech stated, Timbo strokes the stock crank with offset pin, balances them and install z400 bearing. He also shaves the piston to make things fit. They seem to be holding up very well.

Falicon's are built from scratch, and are full round design, they use off the shelf pistons.

I'm not sure on the wait for Timbo cranks, but Falicon is kinda slow to get us cranks.

Check with Haydug and Timbo on prices.

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

Thanks guys. Im just worried that Im going to spend my whole summer vacation waiting for falicon to get us our cranks. Doug has listed on his site $1375 for the falicon crank (using stock piston, which is what I planned on doing) and stage 8 which I need as well, plus he tears it down and looks for any other potential problems.

Nothing in my motor fragged or went, I just want to do this to make things bullet proof, plus give my machine a kick in the ***, so Im wondering if the timbo crank would be a better choice at this point in time. I would feel bad taking business from Doug since right now my motor is sitting on his shop floor, because I know its not his fault for the wait on the Falicons, but regardless noone seems to know how long we could potentially be waiting for these Falicons. I cant afford to wait all summer, since with college, summer is my riding season. I guess Ive got some hard thinking to do.

theJeStEr1340

#9 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

try talking to Haydug, see if the cost of the falicon crank is offset by the cost of haydug sending your crank to timbo and then having timbo do the work and send it back to doug, that way you aren't totally taking buisness from haydug, but still getting your crank in a timely manner (possibly) since falicon isn't delivering.

CannibalAnimal

#10 Post by CannibalAnimal »

How much does Timbo charge? I will be upgrading in about 3 months and would like to know the best buy for the dollar.