cost and time to fix crank problem

cannondaleMx24

cost and time to fix crank problem

#1 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

Need to know the cost and turnaround time to replace the crank bearing ( install z400 crank bearing) on my 03 cannibal. Where are you located at?

cdrider02

#2 Post by cdrider02 »

Send a pm to Timbomoose he can fix you up he is extremely helpful and honest and he is not that far from you.

timbomoose

#3 Post by timbomoose »

Cost for crank rebuilds
crank z400 bearing update
oldstyle billet crank $90(balance not needed)
new style $125 bearing and machined for better ballance

Complete rebuild with new rod,bearing and pin
stock stroke $375
stroker $475(includes machining piston to desired compression)

Turnaround time now is about a month.Leaving for dune trip and when get back finishing 500cc kit 1st priority.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

..Hey Tim whats the price to just stroke the crank if its good,or if someone bought one of Brads crank already balanced with z400 bearing?

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

same amount of work to stroke a good crank as a bad. So my guess is the same. He has to replace the pin with an offset pin. Just find a busted crank and send it to him. They are around. smile.gif

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

lol...i had to reread it a couple of times. I thought maybe I mistyped something.

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Happyboy
same amount of work to stroke a good crank as a bad.  So my guess is the same.  He has to replace the pin with an offset pin.  Just find a busted crank and send it to him.  They are around.  :)

He uses a offset pin?!?!? That is a weaker way to stroke the crank. Why not just move the placement of the pin??

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Because when you weld existing hole it makes crank half weaker.Remember it is only about 2mm offset.Yoshimura 450 kit is 5mm offset pin.Havent heard of any issues with that.

jwheat

#9 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Because when you weld existing hole it makes crank half weaker.Remember it is only about 2mm offset.Yoshimura 450 kit is 5mm offset pin.Havent heard of any issues with that.

You could be right and I haven't heard of any problems with Tim's work, but I have just always been skeptical of offset pins

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#10 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

He uses a offset pin?!?!? That is a weaker way to stroke the crank. Why not just move the placement of the pin??

Timbo uses neather an offset pin or a welded crank half. He moves the pin, yes. But no welding is needed with his method.:head: