50hp 448stroker Dyno Runs

wistech

#41 Post by wistech »

Looks like a stock dale can be tuned to 40hp with a pipe.
A 450 kit can get 45hp
Then porting a 450 gets to 50+
Daves fx cammed engine was right about the same as the 03 cammed ones at about 40 till the airbox mod which gained 2hp. Had he had the bike stack he would have been right up there with a 450 kit on a stock head.
From these results on the airbox and velocity stack if your looking for 4 cheap horsepower it can be had with a a bike stack and a airbox mod. Thats less than $50 for 4 horse. The drawback is noise and filter protection.
We have got to try what we did on Steves quad at the dunes and stick the stock filter inside the airbox opening up the front instead of leaving the lid off. That might be the perfect solution to both problems.

Im starting to see no advantage to FX cams so they will have to be tested in greater detail. Anybody have a buddy who gives great deals on dyno time? Lots more mods to try . If we can pool some cash and setup different quads we could save a lot of time on the dyno. Just roll one in and the next one on. Preparing the quads in advance saves a lot.

cannibalq8

#42 Post by cannibalq8 »

Great job wistech :clap: :clap:

J. Delaney

#43 Post by J. Delaney »

I'm sure Muller would send you guys one of his air boxes to test. Give him a ring on Monday. He's at dunefest this weekend.

cannondale27

#44 Post by cannondale27 »

Will be dynoing the Nology system also.

acarli3

#45 Post by acarli3 »

Steve and John....Were you guys able to tweak a map for the strokers at all to get a flatter AFR reading and eliminate the bottom end issues? I'll kick in some cash to help offset the time on the dyno. I am also interested to see how the nology setup and Dave's intake performs on the same dyno.

wistech

#46 Post by wistech »

Whats the status on Brads dyno? Maybe when he gets that going we can have some serious dyno sesions there. I know there are a bunch of Dales in utah needing some tuning. I dont really have much free time or vacation days left this year. Get to work. :deal:
I know some of you have map select kits ? Cough em up for dyno testing.

wistech

#47 Post by wistech »

I brought my spare ECU back fro the dead. Does leaving them unplugged /unpowered damage the hex code over time? It sat for about six months on the shelf . I had to reload the hex code 2 times before it would accept a map and now it will run the quad. Before it would run the pump initially but not while cranking. It didnt inject fuel either. Anyone else run into this?

kdeal

#48 Post by kdeal »

Good News! Brad told me the check went out for the dyno. He should have it pretty soon.

:head:

wistech

#49 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by acarli3
Steve and John....Were you guys able to tweak a map for the strokers at all to get a flatter AFR reading and eliminate the bottom end issues?  I'll kick in some cash to help offset the time on the dyno.  I am also interested to see how the nology setup and Dave's intake performs on the same dyno.

I think we were able to tweak the afr readings a little more toward normal.
While putting the original ecu back in the dyno quad the fuel pump screech very loud today. I guess high octane doesnt agree with the quick connect o rings. They dun swelled right up . A new one is on the right of the pic.

wistech

#50 Post by wistech »

Looks like they are trying to remove themselves.sad.gif
That fuel has only been in there 24 hours.