50hp 448stroker Dyno Runs

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#31 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

but for my setup piston would have to be shaved.

Timbo; Is this included in the stroker package/price.:confused:

theJeStEr1340

#32 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by ANIMALSCANNIBAL
Timbo; Is this included in the stroker package/price.:confused:

yes.

I am getting mine done now and to answer a few questions:

Head work (including cleaning up airbox, throttle body, and boots to connect them, and exhaust pipe: $375
stroked crank without a new rod: $350
Stroked crank with new rod: $475

wistech

Wheres my 50 horsepower patch?

#33 Post by wistech »

Took the day off to take up the Timbo chalange. I ported this engine for a 468 kit but we used it on a stock bore instead.
Mods include kibblewhite valves /springs. Halved valve lash. Stock injector angles.Bike velocity stack. HMF full exhaust,ASSO piston cut to 13.5 compression. And of course a Timbo stroker crank. 51 on the first try. Who'd a thunk it. biggrin.gif
All dyno runs were done on the same dyno.

The bike velocity stack indeed did show a 2 horse improvement This was Maz's idea so thanks MAZ.
Notice the stocker had a little more torque than the strokers. It might be a gearing thing. Ill run my bone stock moto on the dyno for a baseline reading next time.

I didnt want to embarass timbo to much so Kieth let off at half throttle to keep the numbers closer. It wouldnt look right to whoop Timbos but with his own crankshaft. LOL:box:

wistech

#34 Post by wistech »

Dyno chart. Included is a dyno run of iceracers stock mc500 engine with a small filter in the airbox lid. I dont know what pipe he used.
Timbos stroker had an fmf pipe where mine used the HMF

One things for sure, we are on the right track to 60HP . We have not even started on really trick parts and high displacement yet.

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Boy I am amazed at the repeatability of runs on same dyno also.Look how closely the curves match between Tims and Wistechs.Gives me confidence that any gains or losses due to changes are accurate.Ice racers peak torque number is wrong since it spiked way at end when gas was let off.Weird.I believe we gained 2 or more hp in some fine tuning this time.Not bad for $70 and we were slow.The intake horns were very interesting.We tried a extension under the throttlebody also which lost hp but moved it earlier also no airhorn was a big loss in power.

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

Heres a pics of Kieth during the run . I dont know if you saw it but he was actually smiling after the first run session. I think the walsh frame and no seat were getting kind of hot for him though. It might have added to the seat of the pants feel.LOL
I sent Jay a video ,maybe he could post that for us.

J. Delaney

#37 Post by J. Delaney »

Has anyone seen how much hp a set of FX cams w/ clearances halved produces?

jfarrar

#38 Post by jfarrar »

:clap:

wistech

#39 Post by wistech »

Disregard iceracers torque readingfrom the bottom chart. There was a glitch at the end of the run and that number was from the end of the torque curve. The curve peaked at around 27 foot pounds during the run.

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

heres a stock quad thats tuned.