The Cyclone!

timbomoose

The Cyclone!

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Soon to come! "THE CYCLONE". All air is maximized! New velocity stack! Put .8 more horse on the dyno than the short air horn with a boomer type setup.Will be made available for stock air box and also will be working with cannonboomer to be available with his filter setup. Dyno tested and codesigned with the cannondale ace technician Wistech.Thanks John.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

If the weather is good it will be race tested this weekend. I belive one of the dyno runs actaully was .86 more horse than a bike stack with a k@n filter. We were running a tapered 250r uni 2 stage filter. The filter is massive compared to any other setup we have run and should fit under the plastic.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

How about some pictures?

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

If I make it to the races Ill post some.

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

Is this a billet piece or a rubber/plastic molded piece? If anyone is keeping track, thats nearly 5 hp on the intake side of the motor between the air filter mods and the velocity stack. I hope to see a modified or billet throttle body to go along with these mods. Every little bit counts.

Oh ya, did I mention I want one. lol

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Thats a good idea . I think next dyno day if we have some extra time we should swap a bone stock airbox with the quad stack in it with the cyclone . Id bet it would be close to 5 on a stroker.
Heck that would be more than a full race exhaust could give . LOL

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

If you do that be sure to put the lid back on. Gotta be apples to apples.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

You mean in the configuration with the filter inside vrs outside the box as well as just the stand alone filter setup. Will do.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, if you run a stock closed box with the shorty horn then run a closed box with this air horn. That is the most common setup anyway and will be what 95% of riders out there care about.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Right . You dont ever want to run with just the bottom of the airbox anyway. It just becomes a mud/dirt pail. ASK27 lol
The whole reasoning for this new horn is to match up with the bored out throttle bodies. The funnel on the bike is not the right design for the size of the new hole . I had to do a little research to figure out how this is calculated for max flow .
We could make a horn that would fit the stock throttle bodies but whats the point when cannondale already did that for us(bike stack).